Mark Dantonio out at Michigan State

John Anthony

A lot of smoke pointing to him taking a deal worth 25-30 million, which is what I said the sweet spot was.

The BOT could call an emergency meeting to approve it in the next 24 hours. Boy I hope this is wrong, would be an absolute gut punch to UC. 1 more year Luke!

Agreed.

If he were to leave after the 2020 season, it would be much easier to accept for me personally. Leaving right now just doesn't seem or feel right considering all the hard work he's put in to get this program where it is. And, I don't think MSU is a better opportunity to win. It would strictly be a money move and he has never came off as being that type of guy.

I also think if he waits another year or two, there are going to be much better options out there than the current MSU offer.

I think my biggest question right now is, what is UC doing to try to keep him and what is their offer? AD Cunningham has had plenty of time and opportunity to discuss what Luke wants/needs to be successful here. Not being able to retain him tells me that they weren't willing to give enough. UC has plenty of resources available to get this done. I'm honestly still shocked that no naming rights have ever been offered at Nippert Stadium, similar to what UK does with Kroger Field. Sometimes you have to get creative to make ends meet.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he were to leave after the 2020 season, it would be much easier to accept for me personally. Leaving right now just doesn't seem or feel right considering all the hard work he's put in to get this program where it is. And, I don't think MSU is a better opportunity to win. It would strictly be a money move and he has never came off as being that type of guy.

Man, this gives me flash backs to exactly how I felt about Charlie Strong leaving UofL for Texas.

Man, this gives me flash backs to exactly how I felt about Charlie Strong leaving UofL for Texas.

Luckily for us... Fick chose family and loyalty to his players over the big pay day MSU was presumably offering to get him to leave.

FWIW, I think Strong would have been smarter to stay put at The Ville. Much better situation for his career as far as winning goes... We both know he had no choice but to leave though..

Luckily for us... Fick chose family and loyalty to his players over the big pay day MSU was presumably offering to get him to leave.

FWIW, I think Strong would have been smarter to stay put at The Ville. Much better situation for his career as far as winning goes... We both know he had no choice but to leave though..

Absolutely.

Sounds like Michigan State is now focusing on:

Mike Tressel- Current MSU Interim HC

Chris Creighton- Eastern Michigan HC

Pat Shurmur- Broncos DC

Jim McElwain- Central Michigan HC

Bret Bielema- NY Giants LB Coach and former Wisconsin/Arkansas HC

Butch Jones- Alabama Offensive Analyst