St. Henry 55 Hazard 41 (All A Classic Semifinal)

St Henry simply exploded in the second half. They wore down Hazard’s players. Pelfrey does most of the Bulldog’s ball handling and their defenders made him work double hard to get the ball across center court. He was a tired player by the end of the game, as was most of Hazard’s team. St Henry used more players and that depth wore on Hazard.

St Henry’s team could all handle the ball efficiently and there were no shortage of shooters, especially behind the arc. They erased an 8 point deficit at halftime in the blink of an eye early in the 3rd quarter with 4 treys and never trailed again.

St Henry was impressive. However, when I checked out their games on the KHSAA scoreboard I noticed Covington Catholic beat them 64-38. Whew! That shows just how good CovCath is. Probably another state title in the making.

So far in their 3 games of the All 'A' Classic, St. Henry is 32/33 from the line.

That's just incredible, and as far as I can tell the Prepspin guy didn't mention that one time. I'm happy they call the games, but how can a stat like that get past anyone?

Also, I can't say for sure, but counting the points that St. Henry closed out the 1st half with, and the run they went on to start the 2nd half, they might've been on very close to a 20-0 run before Hazard briefly stopped the bleeding.

Again nothing was noted on Prepspin about just how long of a run they were on. I want to watch the game again for two reasons. First to see just how much of a run they were on, and secondly that second half was just a phenomenal display of some dynamite basketball by St. Henry.

The 1st half had me scratching my head about them, and the 2nd had them show just what they can do when they turn it on. I saw that in them against Holy Cross, and then wondered what happened to them since, but they are indeed back to being the dominant force that beat Lexington Catholic.

I hope this continues, and they can take down Frankfort in the finals. That should be an incredible game. Frankfort is a much better team than I was giving them credit for at the beginning of the tournament, but they showed me, and here they are in the finals where they have certainly earned their right to be.

OK I just checked, and at one point St. Henry was down 28-16 toward the end of the 2nd quarter, and about midway through the 3rd quarter they were up 34-28.

That's an 18-0 run, and it was so incredible to watch them just keep on knocking them down shot after shot. This was basketball to perfection. Oh so good.