Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officiating Question

Featured Replies

Thanks.

 

Although it is a rule, you very seldom see this called a T. Usually a referee will give the player a blocking foul and probably warn the kid that faking is a technical and that usually takes care of it!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

So, to recap:

 

1.) A direct technical foul (for profanity/arguing, etc.) would count as a team foul.

2.) An indirect foul (such as having too many players on the floor, not having your starters in the book, etc.) DOES NOT count in your team foul total.

3.) A technical foul can be assessed for faking a charge, but is not called very often anymore.

 

Is this where we are at?

Although it is a rule, you very seldom see this called a T. Usually a referee will give the player a blocking foul and probably warn the kid that faking is a technical and that usually takes care of it!

Saw it called last week in a grade school game by the official at halfcourt. Knew that there used to be something to that affect in the book, just don't know if I have ever seen that call made.

Here's another one: Are technical fouls still assessed for faking a charge?

 

Not in the Mason County-Scott game last Saturday night. MC player driving, Scott player goes down like a shot while still 3-4 feet away from potential contact, no call. Many MC fans "asking" for the technical. I don't know the rule, so I remained silent.

Not in the Mason County-Scott game last Saturday night. MC player driving, Scott player goes down like a shot while still 3-4 feet away from potential contact, no call. Many MC fans "asking" for the technical. I don't know the rule, so I remained silent.

The game I was at was grade school. The official making the call had not crossed half court and the play was under the basket due to transition off a turnover. The official in front of the play didn't blow the whistle at all. The kid fell back and from where I was at half court (bookkeeping) I just thought he may have tripped over his own feet. It was the correct call, I just would have never imagined that due to the circumstances the whistle would be blown. I am not complaining, kid probably learned a lesson. Just don't know if I had ever seen that call made.

Rule 10 under penalties, says "an indirect technical foul on the head coach does not count towards team fouls"

 

I've got a 2001-02 rulebook but I do not see the above. Can you direct me to the right spot?

 

In my book, 4-19-12 says a team foul is any personal or technical foul which is charged to either team. It does not differentiate between the type of technical foul(team vs bench vs player).

 

However, since a player on the bench, for example, could be charged with a bench technical (which goes against the player) and since the coach is also charged with an indirect T, I would think only one of those would be counted as a team foul.

So, to recap:

 

 

2.) An indirect foul (such as having too many players on the floor, not having your starters in the book, etc.) DOES NOT count in your team foul total.QUOTE]

 

These types you have listed above are not indirect technical fouls. They are called team technicals and would go against the bonus count. The only foul that does not go against the bonus count is the indirect on the coach.

2.) An indirect foul (such as having too many players on the floor, not having your starters in the book, etc.) DOES NOT count in your team foul total.

?

 

I don't believe these are indirect technicals.

I've got a 2001-02 rulebook but I do not see the above. Can you direct me to the right spot?

 

In my book, 4-19-12 says a team foul is any personal or technical foul which is charged to either team. It does not differentiate between the type of technical foul(team vs bench vs player).

 

However, since a player on the bench, for example, could be charged with a bench technical (which goes against the player) and since the coach is also charged with an indirect T, I would think only one of those would be counted as a team foul.

 

 

In the 06-07 book there is a Note at the bottom of the page under penalties that says this.

Thanks. What specifically would count as indirect technicals on the coach, then?

 

A bench T, players leaving the bench for a fight, dunking in warmups(but this is also a player T and would count) 3 dunks = 3 indirects and coach is ejected.

I thought the coach was ejected after 2 T's

here is one I didn't realize:

Team A is in the bonus and on defense when Team B gets called for an illegal screen. Team A does not get to shoot the bonus but has to take the ball out.

here is one I didn't realize:

Team A is in the bonus and on defense when Team B gets called for an illegal screen. Team A does not get to shoot the bonus but has to take the ball out.

 

I seem to remember the rule being changed last year that would make the above true. I think it was meant to speed up the game. For example, if A has the ball in the front court and there is then a loose ball and A1 fouls B1, there are no shots even though the bonus is in effect.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.