Ashland 49 Greenup County 14

Final.

The career of NEKY's all-time leading passer ends on a sour note. Sammons had a couple of TD passes, but the Tomcats were too much, scoring early and often. Hopefully he's got a great career ahead of him at Marshall University.

Dustin Gruza? I think Gruza had more passing yards. Is Mason County not part of NEKY?

Dustin Gruza? I think Gruza had more passing yards. Is Mason County not part of NEKY?

Geographically speaking, maybe, but for the purpose of inclusion in "NEKY" sports, no. Anytime you see NEKY around here, it's in reference to the (Ashland) Daily Independent coverage area, which includes all 16th Region schools and Lawrence County. The Daily Independent likes to include Johnson County in the NEKY conversation, but they (JC and Paintsville) mostly bristle at the notion. Mason County kind of exists in no-man's-land. They've never really been recognized as a "northeastern Kentucky" county, as far as I know.

Mason County to me is more Northern,KY and in most sports they're not in the neky region. The news paper doesn't consider Mason County NEKY.

Interesting. Is Lewis County part of NEKY? What counties make up NEKY?

As for N. Ky., I don't think anyone there would say Mason County is part of N. Ky. I don't think most people would include Bracken County as part of N. Ky. I guess with the basketball 10th region now including parts of N. Ky. there could be a connection made.

Mason County to me is more Northern,KY and in most sports they're not in the neky region. The news paper doesn't consider Mason County NEKY.

I'm going to guess that no one in NKY - and probably Maysville too - considers Mason County a "NKY" county. They're on an island. I think @mcpapa or @sumoroyal should have the final word on this topic.

I'm going to guess that no one in NKY - and probably Maysville too - considers Mason County a "NKY" county. They're on an island. I think @mcpapa or @sumoroyal should have the final word on this topic.

Mason and Fleming are kind of in the middle of no where when it comes to area affiliation. The ADI has started including Fleming in their coverage area just recently.

Most people don't consider Mason as Northern Ky but they are too far away to be Northeastern Ky. They are also out of the Central Ky area. Like you said, they are just kind of on an island.

Eli finished his career with 7,635 yards passing and 83 TDs. He has won more games as a starting QB at Greenup County than any QB in school history. The Greenup fan base should be thankful for his efforts as a Musketeer. He played extremely hard, fought through injuries, and left it all out on the field every friday night for his team. Marshall is getting a great QB and even better person! Congrats Eli.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13