Russell 22 West Carter 14

GOREDDEVILS

First things first, West Carter has a good football team. They put a legitimate scare into RDN tonight. Coach Barker's moving that program hard in the right direction. I've spoken of Leetavious Cline numerous times on this site before, but the QB made some throws tonight. The defensive front seven played really well, possession after possession. Watch out for this team in 2A playoffs.

For Russell, be happy you won, but understand that a performance like this will get you bounced early in the coming weeks. A big plus for Russell - they return to Henry R. Evans Stadium next week, where the field conditions will hopefully be more to their liking.

The field conditions affected West Carters offense just as much or more so than Russell. Running a spread offense in the slop is a taller task the putting 11 in the box and running off tackle. West Carter has a very good defense and athletes on offense. I guess you give the edge to West cause they are used to playing on a crappy surface. Good game tonight, West Carter left some points on the field via some missed deep balls and Russell took care of business in the redzone.

Russel methodically does what they do with precision based on all that tradition. The machine that was the oline, and the discipline with which they operate is amazing.

West carter on the other hand is in the position of establishing that precision and tradition. Their kids played to the standard last night, especially defensively, that every child and parent thereof should want to play for.

As we go on down the road now, I am more than confident that both teams left the field post game better than they entered it pregame. With the product on the field that that West Carter has created, that big “unexpected” win will come.