Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Trinity faithful know...

Featured Replies

I'm not intimately familiar with Coach Beatty's career record, but has he coached at a school that does not have a history of success? I don't know.

 

No doubt, he's a special coach. But, just as Dale Mueller and other coaches know, what you do with your boys is just a part of what makes a great program. It's started years ago for the "program" and the current players(youth league and parent support).

 

Congrats Rocks!!

I have heard Coach Beatty on more then one occassion talk about the Trinity Tradition and expectation for success. He has said that Trinity would be successful with or without him.

Coach Brown

 

I agree with you 100%.

 

I was involved with what would best be described as a traditionally struggling Jefferson County program for several years. The coaches I have the privevlege to work with there were 100% dedicated to their teams.

I'm not intimately familiar with Coach Beatty's career record, but has he coached at a school that does not have a history of success? I don't know.

 

No doubt, he's a special coach. But, just as Dale Mueller and other coaches know, what you do with your boys is just a part of what makes a great program. It's started years ago for the "program" and the current players(youth league and parent support).

 

Congrats Rocks!!

He was on the staff at Blue Springs that became successful. He eventually became HC there and improved upon that. He took over a T program that was a little down. The Rocks hadn't won a title since 94' and only played in one other losing to X in 97'. He defeated St.X in his first year and lost in the title game. Since then its been a title every year except when X was allowed their momentary short stroke of the pendulum (so much for OX's "tic-toc" posts"):lol: . The system surrounding Trinity is great, but Bob is pretty darn good as well.

^ He's coached a serious NFLr in Brandon Lloyd...

I have heard Coach Beatty on more then one occassion talk about the Trinity Tradition and expectation for success. He has said that Trinity would be successful with or without him.

 

The coach is right about Trinity being successful before, but the degree of success over this decade is mind-blowing to me. The expectations have been more than exceeded under Coach Beatty's tenure.

 

There have been other coaches who have been successful but not like this. Coach Servino comes to mind as someone who had some success but never got over the mountain and finally won a championship. Beatty has climbed the mountain and built a chateau up there.

 

Since I brought up his name, Coach Servino was nominated for an award last month for his work with Trinity's learning-disabled and special needs students; so his efforts and successes in the classroom in his time since stepping down as head coach seems to be far in excess of what we could ask of any teacher/coach.

Coach Servino was nominated for an award last month for his work with Trinity's learning-disabled and special needs students; so his efforts and successes in the classroom in his time since stepping down as head coach seems to be far in excess of what we could ask of any teacher/coach.

This is a tremendous man who is dear to me.....he had a lot going against him when he was in charge...and he handled it all brilliantly.

^I agree with you 100% RP. Coach Servino is one of those members of the Trinity family that makes me proud to be a Trinity Alumnus. Not only a coach who did a great deal with a team in a down time for Trinity, but one of the best teachers walking the halls of Trinity (which is certainly saying something).

what Bob Beatty is all about. I can't begin to thank him for what he has taught my sons about everything from football to just being a 'man'. We know what he is all about , and that is about every kid that is willing to do whatever he can to help the team succeed. Other coaches may tout only a few , but coach would be the first one to tell you that none of the stars would have ever had a chance to shine without the whole team.

Brohm graduates ......more winning. Petrino will graduate.....expect the same. A great man is coaching at a great school . We are so lucky to be 'Trinity' fans. We may have a tornado, snow storm or flood, or we may even lose, but I will never ever stop being grateful for what this great gentleman has done for my boys.

Go Rocks Go !

TRINITY FOREVER !!

 

Great post! I don't even know Bob Beatty. But as a coach myself, you gave the man the highest compliment you could give. Yes, he wins. But what he teaches those kids about life is more important. I was pulling for the Rocks. A lot of people didn't like that because I am a public education teacher. My grandson, however, goes to a private school. Maybe I can talk by daughter into sending him to Trinity. I was impressed.

I would like to comment on the behalf of myself as the head football coach at Atherton High School. I keep seeing that people post on this website and refer to the programs like J-Town and Atherton as the lowest of the lowest. Please remember that there are people like me out there that read this site and understand that my football program at Atherton is not in such great shape like other programs. However, when you make comments about certain individuals being able to make Atherton a much better place, you are basically saying that I have no idea what I am doing. You do not know the circumstances at other programs and are certainly not a member of those programs, so please stop referring to them. If you want to talk about how great Trinity is than please do so because they deserve the credit but leave Atherton out of it.

 

Thanks

 

Coach Brown

 

 

Coach B,

Please know that most on here do know how hard you work as well as every other coach in any program. It is very sad some people seem to feel better about themselves and the school they support if they can throw a dig or belittle another program.

I support you and what you for the Atherton program.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.