Ben Roethlisberger - Out for the Season

Irish Cat

It is being reported that Ben Roethlisberger will miss the remainder of the NFL season due to having to have surgery on his elbow. At 37 years of age, have we seen Big Ben for the last time already?

Depends on what the injury is. If it's Tommy John surgery, I'd say he's done.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Ben has had bizarre wishy-washy moments where he has dangled retirement going back a few years. No clue if this will be it or not, but the guy did throw for over 5,000 yards last season, the sixth most all time. While he had taken a step back (eye test), it is not as if he fell off the face earth with his production.

Big Ben has had bizarre wishy-washy moments where he has dangled retirement going back a few years. No clue if this will be it or not, but the guy did throw for over 5,000 yards last season, the sixth most all time. While he had taken a step back (eye test), it is not as if he fell off the face earth with his production.

I don't doubt he could still play next year and probably be in the top half of QBs in the NFL but at some point I think he has to look in the mirror and say it is time to go.

Not to mention, the Steelers are probably going to want to go in another direction knowing that Ben would have a couple of years left at most.