What was the first car you drove?

Randy Parker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Army Jeep on Okinawa in 1967.

Came home and purchased a 1965 Ford Fairlane from Queen City Chevrolet, sold to me for $2,100 by Elmer Bertram. It had a 289 engine which over-heated with great regularity, and the paint completely vanished from the roof.

Not counting the pickup truck and other vehicles that I drove while on my friend's farm, it was a 1965 Ford Galaxy 500, 352 V8. I was 15 years old and had to feed the pony morning and evening. It was in a stall at a neighboring farm and had about 9 acres to roam. So I drove up there each morning and evening. Squealed the tires every chance I got. There wasn't much chance of getting caught by the sheriff out in the boonies. And my parents knew I was taking "the beater" for that purpose.

86 Dodge Omni

Back when I was at Cov Cath, we would practice in the front parking lot if the baseball outfield (which was our practice field) was in too rough a shape from the weather. The parking spaces in the front parking lot were numbered, and between the last few classes they'd come over the PA and announce which parking space numbers needed to be cleared by 3:00pm.

Some kid in the school apparently drove an 80-something Omni, and hadn't moved it from the parking lot...so they coaches had about 8 of us offensive linemen pick it up and move it over a couple of parking aisles so it was out of the way.