3.LSU

4. Oklahoma

5.Ohio State

6. Georgia

7. Auburn

8. Wisconsin

9.Utah

10.Texas

Plus I agree with @GrantNKY there is a big drop off after the top 6. This may be a year that two really deserving teams don't make the playoff.

I watched Notre Dame in person vs Louisville and was not that impressed with their defense. Louisville had several turnovers or this one could have been a lot closer because the Cardinals moved the ball very well against the Irish.

Edited by 16thBBall Fan

I'm not sure that Auburn isn't a part of that top group. We will find out more when they play against Texas A&M on the road on the 21st. I know Auburn didn't look great this week but at this point it seems obvious that their strength is defense.

Auburn’s strength is definitely defense, I just don’t think they have an elite offense. The top 6 teams have an elite defense and offense except for Oklahoma and we’ve seen in the past that Oklahoma’s offense more than makes up for their defensive liabilities.

Auburn’s strength is definitely defense, I just don’t think they have an elite offense. The top 6 teams have an elite defense and offense except for Oklahoma and we’ve seen in the past that Oklahoma’s offense more than makes up for their defensive liabilities.

Not ready to call Ohio States defense elite either just yet, not after FAU and UC. Sadly, with their schedule it's going to be a while before they play anyone to validate their defense as elite. Perhaps Maryland will be a legitimate test for it.

Not ready to call Ohio States defense elite either just yet, not after FAU and UC. Sadly, with their schedule it's going to be a while before they play anyone to validate their defense as elite. Perhaps Maryland will be a legitimate test for it.

If you watched either game you would have a hard time convincing me the OSU defense isn’t elite. But you didn’t mention anything about LSU or Georgia not being elite? Why’s that? LSU gave up a billion yards last night and Georgia has a very average D line. :idunno:

If you watched either game you would have a hard time convincing me the OSU defense isn’t elite. But you didn’t mention anything about LSU or Georgia not being elite? Why’s that? LSU gave up a billion yards last night and Georgia has a very average D line. :idunno:

I didn't catch any of Georgia's games yet but not sure I'd consider them elite either. LSU played a solid Texas team in Texas so they get a pass for this week.

I didn't catch any of Georgia's games yet but not sure I'd consider them elite either. LSU played a solid Texas team in Texas so they get a pass for this week.

They get a pass? Aren’t elite defenses supposed to step up against solid teams? For the first time in a decade the LSU offense won that game in spite of their defense.

They get a pass? Aren’t elite defenses supposed to step up against solid teams? For the first time in a decade the LSU offense won that game in spite of their defense.

It's week 2 and LSU is actually playing quality opponents, not teams that need a pay day. One game isn't going to change my opinion that LSU is typically a superior defensive team.

It's week 2 and LSU is actually playing quality opponents, not teams that need a pay day. One game isn't going to change my opinion that LSU is typically a superior defensive team.

Bro they gave up a billion yards. I think LSU has a great defense, but your reasoning by saying Ohio States defense isn’t elite can’t be true if you at the same time think LSUs is. Both are elite, only Ohio State has shown it so far.

They struggled for most of the first half against Duke...Duke!

I get you pumping up Bama and why, but until something dramatic happens, Clemson is the boss of CFB right now.

Did you watch the last 3 quarters of the Duke game? Its a clear cut top 2 and it’s really splitting hairs, but right now Bama is operating at a higher level.