6A #10 Central Hardin vs. 6A Apollo Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Central Hardin,running clock.

Central Hardin 49

Apollo 12

This sets up a huge showdown Friday September 13th between Central Hardin and Elizabethtown and should be Central Hardin's first real test of the season. This will be the first game between the two schools since 2012 and should be a great atmosphere.

Edited by Hardin County Preps

Central Hardin,running clock.

Central Hardin 49

Apollo 12

This sets up a huge showdown Friday September 13th between Central Hardin and Elizabethtown and should be Central Hardin's first real test of the season. This will be the first game between the two schools since 2012 and should be a great atmosphere.

What are your thoughts on Meade this year? Will they be able to challenge for the district title?

Meade County has got a great RB in Austin Oppel. He looks on film to be a real difference maker for Meade County. Meade looks much improved from last year. With that being said, I think North Hardin should be the favorite in District 2 with a strong defense, RB Lavell Wright and WR Moore highlighting a dynamic offense. The unknown for them is at QB and coaching. I had a conversation with an Elizabethtown parent and he felt like North's coaching and play calling really prevent North from being dominant. I just think that a #4 6A state ranking is too high for them. Central Hardin has great skill position players. Gavin George 6"4", at wideout is a nightmare for any corner or safety and Deonco Wilkerson is a great back with power and speed. Caase Elmore 6'4" QB has allowed Central Hardin to be more balanced than in recent years with his arm strength and accuracy. Central is undersized on the line on both sides of the ball and can be exposed by a strong run game between the tackles. With that being said, I think the District comes down to North Hardin and Central Hardin in week 10 and who is healthier and more confident. I think the District will finish.

1.North Hardin

2.Central Hardin

3.Meade County

4.Barren County

Meade County has got a great RB in Austin Oppel. He looks on film to be a real difference maker for Meade County. Meade looks much improved from last year. With that being said, I think North Hardin should be the favorite in District 2 with a strong defense, RB Lavell Wright and WR Moore highlighting a dynamic offense. The unknown for them is at QB and coaching. I had a conversation with an Elizabethtown parent and he felt like North's coaching and play calling really prevent North from being dominant. I just think that a #4 6A state ranking is too high for them. Central Hardin has great skill position players. Gavin George 6"4", at wideout is a nightmare for any corner or safety and Deonco Wilkerson is a great back with power and speed. Caase Elmore 6'4" QB has allowed Central Hardin to be more balanced than in recent years with his arm strength and accuracy. Central is undersized on the line on both sides of the ball and can be exposed by a strong run game between the tackles. With that being said, I think the District comes down to North Hardin and Central Hardin in week 10 and who is healthier and more confident. I think the District will finish.

1.North Hardin

2.Central Hardin

3.Meade County

4.Barren County

I’m glad you posted this. I’ll be honest, I almost rolled my eyes when you posted before because it seemed like you were over the top in your allegiance to Central Hardin. But I agree with almost everything in this post. North SHOULD be the favorite. But I also think Meade and Central can win the district. Gavin and Deonco are very talented and getting Elmore back probably gives Central the best QB of the bunch. Oppel, to me, is the best of all the skill players for all 3 teams. But like I said, all 3 of these teams are top 10 worthy in my opinion.

You are correct, the Meade County game is always going to be a hard fought and closely contested game. I just think that Central Hardin varsity is not being considered in the same realm as North Hardin and even Meade County. In two games Central Hardin has scored 99 points. Central Hardin will be tested against Elizabethttown next Friday, as Coach Brown gets the most out of the players he has and is by far the best coach in the region. As far as the Freshman and JV Central Hardin players. I think that this is the first time I can honestly say that this group along with the 8th grade East Hardin team, the future of Central Hardin looks great. The Hobbs Twins, Andrew 6'3" 238,at DE and Adam 6'2" 250 at Center, both freshman, are beasts. I think that Meade JV QB, Heiner,is out on concussion protocol from a hard hit sustained by Andrew Hobbs coming off the edge. Central Hardin JV QB, Treyvon Barnwell, is a great athlete with a decent arm, there are 4 back that share time with great speed. Freshman Terry Brooks receiver, corner won the 400M middle school state championship last year and currently shares kickoff and punt return duties on varsity with Deonco and Gavin.