Two SEC teams in the BCS?

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rutgers wins, where do you see UL landing?
Tough to say. If Florida wins the SEC, outside of the BCS IMO. It'll partly depend on where they end up in the BCS polls tomorrow. If they're fifth, they could conceivably finish third with a UCLA upset of USC and an Arkansas win over Florida, or fourth in either event. Either scenario would make them automatic qualifiers.

5th isn't out of the question, either. The teams ranked 5th, 6th, and 7th all lost this week, and Louisville will have gained major ground on the team ranked 8th because of Texas' loss (Louisville is .003 behind Wisconsin, and they have the computer edge; gaining ground in the coaches' poll would be big.) The big concern would be LSU coming from behind.

If left out of the BCS, what is their best bet...the Sun Bowl or Gator Bowl?
Would the Gator Bowl take them over Texas for a second year? I'm not sure. The way Texas has finished, and with McCoy maybe done for this year, I'd think they should. What do you think, projection wise, and what do you see for the BCS standings?

Would the Gator Bowl take them over Texas for a second year? I'm not sure. The way Texas has finished, and with McCoy maybe done for this year, I'd think they should. What do you think, projection wise, and what do you see for the BCS standings?

OSU/USC

UM/LSU

ARK/FL v ND

GT v RU/UL

OK/NU v BSU

LSu and Michigan would be a great matchup.

Yep.

Florida has lobored down the stretch, and I think most feel that LSu has the best team in the SEC despite not playing in the title game.

I agree with all said, I just don't know if it would play out like that. A Florida loss to Arkansas would hurt the league perception IMO, even though I think that's stupid. The three best teams in the SEC are all in the West, I think that should be clear at this point.

I agree with all said, I just don't know if it would play out like that. A Florida loss to Arkansas would hurt the league perception IMO, even though I think that's stupid. The three best teams in the SEC are all in the West, I think that should be clear at this point.

I think LSU, Arkansas, and Florida are the three best teams. I think UF is still better than Auburn. Auburn had some serious swoons.

I think LSU, Arkansas, and Florida are the three best teams. I think UF is still better than Auburn. Auburn had some serious swoons.
Maybe. I think it's a close thing between them, Florida was pretty close to some themselves this season.

Why does everyone have Louisville in the Orange Bowl against Georgia Tech? Why not in the Sugar (like last year's Big East/SEC game)? From what the Courier showed this morning, the Big East champ isn't locked in to any one bowl.

Why does everyone have Louisville in the Orange Bowl against Georgia Tech? Why not in the Sugar (like last year's Big East/SEC game)? From what the Courier showed this morning, the Big East champ isn't locked in to any one bowl.
Because the Sugar Bowl will take the Irish if they're available.

Looks like it is going to happen this year....if WVU hadn't choked it likely would've been the Big East.....the only way that the Big East could get two now, would be to have Rutgers beat WVU...but that leaves the Cards praying to get an offer, I don't like that situtation, go 'Eers....

For what it's worth, I have thought all along that LSU is the best team in the SEC...LSURock and I spoke about this on Friday, I do not want the Cards playing them in the BCS, anybody other than USC, and OSU, and I am cool with it.