8th Region 2019-2020

Powell is a tremendous defender. I would consider him an elite defender due to his length. He is an incredible passer and a solid shooter.

Morrison is best shooter in the state. McKnight best athlete in region and an incredible rebounder for his size.

.Those 3 are heads above the rest of th region players. That isn’t a knock on the other players but those 3 I mentioned are 1st team or second team all state caliber.

Dallas Roberts from North will be up there too (small right now as he is just a freshman). Offensively Roberts is just behind those top 3. He competes on D but just not there physically yet.

Conley is very good HS player too.

Would you consider Powell and Roberts a better combo than McKnight and Vail?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both those combos are special together and will need to make each other better. I’d go with Veil and McKnight simply because of defense and strength. Both groups have tons of skills set. However I’m picking south and Oldham out of the 29th until someone proves otherwise. Just not enough around Powell to beat Oldham I think. I’m taking Morrison if I’m coaching all day in high-school. He moves so well without the ball and it’s a lost art. If I’m coaching in college give me McKnight. His rebounding ability is unbelievable for a guard. When he learns to score he will be a monster. Let’s don't forget Seth Johnson at South at almost 18ppg and does a little bit of everything. Ben Michel who is the best sophomore in the region talent wise and if his potential is reached look for the Dragons to win the 8th. With the right draw they could be dangerous.

I would give edge to Collins backcourt over North by a slim margin due to the duo being a little better collectively . I would rather have the North backcourt in a tight game due to Powell being the best of the 4 players being compared though.

I think Morrison is best HS shooter in a long time.

Players:

1.Powell

2A. Morrison

2B. McKnight

The Oldham County district will be a 3 way toss up for the first time in a long time.

Whoever gets the “1” seed will be in best shape as the 2 v 3 is a killer 1st round district Elim game.

@8th Region Warrior it would be a real shame if the potential Mr. Basketball does not make it to the region. It has happened before but I would love to see North Oldham at least make it out of the district. Collins has no cake walk with Spencer County and Woodfood entering the 30th. I hope McKnight and Powell both get to make a case for Mr. Basketball against each other at Henry County in early March.

Powell is a tremendous defender. I would consider him an elite defender due to his length. He is an incredible passer and a solid shooter.

Morrison is best shooter in the state. McKnight best athlete in region and an incredible rebounder for his size.

.Those 3 are heads above the rest of th region players. That isn’t a knock on the other players but those 3 I mentioned are 1st team or second team all state caliber.

Dallas Roberts from North will be up there too (small right now as he is just a freshman). Offensively Roberts is just behind those top 3. He competes on D but just not there physically yet.

Conley is very good HS player too.

Roberts is a very good three point shooter but let's not get carried away here. He is young and small. He will eventually no doubt be a top player in the region but to mention him with these other players is quite a bit of a reach. His defense is lacking at best. Until he gets older and stronger he will be physically dominated by older kids. That's what I have seen this summer. As far as McKnight being the best athlete in the region I would have to disagree with that. M Knight actually does his damage through being stronger and having longer arms than everyone else while just having a natural instinct to rebound. I watched them in an all star practice a few weeks ago and I would say Vail is a better athlete. McKnight is not an explosive jumper. I still think McKnight is the best all around player in the region though. As far as the most athletic in the region it is Sam Conley by a long shot. That's how he is able to dominate and posterize people at 6 ft 3. Lucas Hornback of Spencer County is right there with him. Pure athleticism goes to those two.

Roberts is a very good three point shooter but let's not get carried away here. He is young and small. He will eventually no doubt be a top player in the region but to mention him with these other players is quite a bit of a reach. His defense is lacking at best. Until he gets older and stronger he will be physically dominated by older kids. That's what I have seen this summer. As far as McKnight being the best athlete in the region I would have to disagree with that. M Knight actually does his damage through being stronger and having longer arms than everyone else while just having a natural instinct to rebound. I watched them in an all star practice a few weeks ago and I would say Vail is a better athlete. McKnight is not an explosive jumper. I still think McKnight is the best all around player in the region though. As far as the most athletic in the region it is Sam Conley by a long shot. That's how he is able to dominate and posterize people at 6 ft 3. Lucas Hornback of Spencer County is right there with him. Pure athleticism goes to those two.

Conley may be the best athlete. I need to see him play more. If we're talking athletes, Trevor Hardin at Henry County has some serious hops.

How did I forget Trevor?! Trevor Hardin plays on the Louisville Prospects AAU team with four of Spencer County kids (Conley, Whitlock,Hornback, Jagger's). Got to watch him all summer. He's an athletic freak with a motor.

There are some sweet videos of Sam posterizing people on Twitter. Trevor may be the best jumper in Kentucky. Pogo sticks for legs. Trevor gets up higher than Sam but Sam has a quicker first step. Athlete's for sure.

• 2 months later...