Breathitt County - 2019 Schedule

Isn’t that like saying Martins Licis and Halfpor Bjornsson are not the strongest men in the world because not every man competed?

Unfortunately for Long in this discussion, the majority of the state doesn't care about powerlifting. They probably don't even know it exists for high schoolers. That includes a LOT of big, strong football players who hit the weight room every day.

What are the numbers? What does he bench? Perhaps that will give us perspective.

I don't remember seeing Long's exact #'s but I remember him winning his weight class. He is a very strong kid but who knows if strongest in the state with the Powerlifting being mostly a Western KY thing. I do remember DC Boone from Apollo benching 475lbs at the competition. He graduated last May though.

• 2 weeks later...
It’s definitely some good puzzle pieces added and other than maybe Leslie they should romp through the district, but I still don’t see them competing with Mayfield, Beechwood, Somerset, Danville, and LCA for the 2a crown. They probably are a 6-10 ranked team but they aren’t in the top tier, even with the additions.

With the new additions, would love to see them challenged more, looks like South Laurel is only decent competition.