BIGBLUE63

Who wins Friday?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central plays off-campus at 15th and Muhammad Ali Blvd.

No, Central does not have a home-field advantage in terms of turnout. If Bowling Green faithful travel like I think they do, BG fans will outnumber Jacket fans 5-1. Some will probably have to sit on home side.

Do you all think that Bowling Green has faced the amount of athletes that Central has? Let me know.,

I'd say St. X had a few athletes, so did Warren Central and Christian Co. I have a hard time seeing anyone on Lou. Central's team being a better football athlete than V. Anderson, D. Finch (sp?), or K. Tandy.

Central trys to play balanced although they would be much touger if they stuck to running the ball and throwing mostly bubbles and screens. They don't. They are not very good defensively if a team runs right at them like SW did and they only play so-so pass defense. They have a ton of talented players but BG will likely win by 3 TD's.

BG is spreading the field more this year and getting the ball into their athletes hands. BG has good size up front and against most of their opponents they were bigger and better in the lines. Vear and Quick Pitch has always been Coach Wallace's bread and butter. This year he doesn't have that "True" FB but has 2-3 really good RB's led by Hibbitt. Central has the speed to keep BG from getting outside. If BG runs right at them and utilizes their size and experience up front they shouldn't have a problem moving the ball. BG has some weapons on the outside and a QB capable of making plays. But most defenses they have faced prefer them to come out and spread it out.

Defensively BG is good and aggressive. There is some "pick on" areas like there is in most defenses. They do a good job of pressuring the QB up front and that helps the secondary. They have shown some tendencies though on some certain offensive formations. Central can't let scoring opportunites pass by when they get the chance.

BG wins in my opinion 45-21. The BG Kickoff game forces Central to take it 80 and not give them the short field. BG has a good all around kicking game but Central could get a Punt return on them with their speed.

For Central to have a chance in the 4th they have to play good disciplined football.

Yeah, the CJ story would be great if the reader didn't know this Central team very well. They have brought everyone's negative views upon themselves by their actions throughout the year and playoffs. Can't wait to see this new modest, disciplined team when they get behind Friday night.

Yeah, the CJ story would be great if the reader didn't know this Central team very well. They have brought everyone's negative views upon themselves by their actions throughout the year and playoffs. Can't wait to see this new modest, disciplined team when they get behind Friday night.

Get off the Jacket's backs. I for one am hoping they shock the state and defeat BG. I wouldn't make negative comments about these young men until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

Don't need to walk a mile in their shoes to know that a high school football team shouldn't be allowed to act the way Central has at times this year. I blame their coaches not their kids. Its hard to pull for a team (even one in same district) when they carry on like they do at times.

I'd say St. X had a few athletes, so did Warren Central and Christian Co. I have a hard time seeing anyone on Lou. Central's team being a better football athlete than V. Anderson, D. Finch (sp?), or K. Tandy.

#5 for Central, Huguely (sp?) is as good of a running back as I have seen all year. He was outstanding against Southwestern on a wet field. If this kid played for a high profile program (Male, St. X, or Trinity) then you'd be hearing a lot more of him.

If Central could lose the "us against the world" mentality and get the chip off their shoulder then they would see a lot more success. This REALLY showed against Southwestern.