Meade County - 2019 Schedule

• 6 months later...

A team really know one is talking about is Meade Co. The Greenwave went 3-8 last season but lost by less than a score vs Franklin Simpson and Simon Kenton, and led N Hardin at the half. Last season The Greenwave were young and really had 0 Rbs. They relied on a couple 250 lb fullbacks to carry the load but just didnt have a game breaker. Well in 2019 that wont be the case. Austin Oppel, a JR transfer from New Albany Indiana will step in and bring his 1600 yards and 19 TD's to Brandenburg. Meade also has a pair of standout Wide receivers in 6-4 Mitchell Dozier (SR)and 6-2 JJ Richardson (JR). Meade's entire offensive line is back as well.

Richardson, a 2-way player was named KPG sophomore all state at Corner. With all these tools at their disposal Meade has dumped the wing T (That they have ran for 30 yrs) and went to a spread offense.

How good is Oppel? Chris Vaughn, trainer of multiple D-1 and NFL players predicted Oppel will run for 2,000 yards this season.

Good stuff Lloyd. Looks to be a good game in Franklin on Friday!

Yeah. Franklin-Simpson has a couple nice RBs and their Line is good, as usual. I think Meade's gonna be able to move the ball though. Meade is gonna be tough to handle this year at the skill positions. The bad thing is that if FS loses, everyone will wonder what's wrong with them and the answer is nothing. I watched both scrimmages and the Greenwood game and I'm really impressed that there isn't much drop off from last year.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13 - Punctuation

Yeah. Franklin-Simpson has a couple nice RBs and their Line is good, as usual. I think Meade's gonna be able to move the ball though. Meade is gonna be tough to handle this year at the skill positions. The bad thing is that if FS loses, everyone will wonder what's wrong with them and the answer is nothing. I watched both scrimmages and the Greenwood game and I'm really impressed that there isn't much drop off from last year.

I think Meade will be alot to handle also. Especially for a Franklin squad smarting from the Greenwood game. I want to believe you about Franklin and I think there is alot of truth in saying there isn't much drop from last year, but to make that statement true Greenwood would need to be significantly better than last year. I'm not sold on that yet.

There is a difference between FS 2018 and FS 2019.

2019 has a group of running backs that are loaded with potential. Lack game experience.

2018 had Bass and McKinney. Talented and loaded with experience.

2019 OL has three new comers. They will be fine but they need game experience.

2018 had an OL that had at least 15 games together. They worked as one.

2018 The defense won that championship. They were the difference in the 12-10 win over Madisonville and the 14-12 win over JC at Kroger Field.

2019 Again it is experience. By the time games that really count come around this D will be ready.