Henry Clay 21 George Rogers Clark 7

Birdsfan

Congrats to HC...great team.

So proud of the GRC CARDS. Guys you had a great season.:thumb: To the 15 seniors, you played with heart and gave it your all...that is all any fan can ask for. You will be missed on the field next year, but I know everyone one of you will be successful in life. You have represented our school with class and pride. I am proud to be a GRC fan.:ylsuper:

So proud of the GRC CARDS. Guys you had a great season.:thumb: To the 15 seniors, you played with heart and gave it your all...that is all any fan can ask for. You will be missed on the field next year, but I know everyone one of you will be successful in life. You have represented our school with class and pride. I am proud to be a GRC fan.:ylsuper:

Well Said...

Nice Win for Henry Clay

I thought Clark County played very well on defense. The Jones kid (#33) is a beast.

Their offensive line opened some nice holes and the runners ran behind them well. I believe that at this time of year a successful team must be adept at running and throwing. Clark County needed an adequate passing game to be mixed in with their power running game. They were not able to keep Henry Clay's defense honest. Once they got behind two scores, they were unable to effectively throw the ball and stage any sort of comeback.

To Henry Clay, Congratulations and Good Luck. Job well done.

GREAT JOB GRC!!!! I think you earned a lot of respect. Every player showed that you have a lot of heart-- you were not a team full of "superstars"-- you are a group of young men who just wanted to play ball and did your jobs. You truly were a family this year. You managed to overcome all the "trash talking" about your program and you hung in there. When you hear things like "GRC doesn't have enough lights on their scoreboard to handle the score of HC," it can be hard to maintain your composure- but you did and you did not lay down for them!! You have set the tone for future Cards!!! Thanks for a great year! ;)

Congrats To HC on the win.Good Luck.

To GRC, You had a great season and nothing to hang your heads about... nobody but your fans even thought you would get this far and for that it was an accomplishment. You played your hearts out all season and your fans appreciate it greatly. To the seniors, you will be missed but thanks for the ride you led us on.Hope you all are successful at the next level or what ever you intend to do.Congrats on a great season! To everybody else.. theres always next year, lets build on this season and keep it going!

Overall it was a pretty good game.. I think the game was much closer than even the score showed. Without that interception down by HC's endzone it would have been a tie ball game at halftime... But everyone played their hearts out and thats all anyone can ask for...

Congrats to both teams!

Article in todays paper:

Simpson said he wasn’t surprised by Clark’s performance.

“People underestimated how good of a football team Clark County is,” Henry Clay coach Sam Simpson said afterward. “They played tough tonight. I was impressed with them.

“We knew we were going to be in a dogfight. We did all right. We came out with a win. We’re happy to play next week. I knew it was going to be tough.”

link to rest of the story:http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=2527&format=html

Solid game by GRC. HC just a better team but that's not slighting GRC at all. We just needed a more efiicient passing attack to keep HC from loading up in the box. I'm very proud of my Cards as they overcame alot of early season turmoil and jelled as a team when it counted.GRC may or may not be as good next year with the loss of Jones,Greene and Rogers. But...........we bounced back strong this season after losing Hudson, Perdue , Guinn, Skinner and Holliman to graduation. PC will have them very competitive and prepared next year.