Do visitors get half the gate??

I also think the gate admission price is discussed and determined by the AD's of the 2 schools sharing the gate. The visitors have travel expenses covered too, if I'm not mistaken???

That is usually considered one of the "expenses". Of course, they won't pay for you to take a charter bus, but will reimburse cost of the trip via school bus.:thumb:

Thanks. I didn't realize that all the finance info and stuff was there. I didn't know the Association helped cover some of the team costs of going to the state tournament.

That is one of the reasons, that the KHSAA cash cow (The Sweet Sixteen) will never be changed. The money they make off Basketball covers a lot of other sports expenses.......

That is one of the reasons, that the KHSAA cash cow (The Sweet Sixteen) will never be changed. The money they make off Basketball covers a lot of other sports expenses.......

IMO. Would be a bigger cash cow if they split b-ball into 2 classes.

Think I will start a thread on this, of course I believe there is one every year on that subject.

IMO. Would be a bigger cash cow if they split b-ball into 2 classes.

Think I will start a thread on this, of course I believe there is one every year on that subject.

Care to tell me why then does the All "A" Classic, which in a sense is a second state tournament, draws such small crowds compared to the Sweet Sixteen and do you really think that if given a choice between going to the Sweet Sixteen and or the All "A" Classic which tournament the schools and players would rather play in?

If you water down the Sweet Sixteen, you take a lot (and I mean a lot) of money away from other sports.....

Care to tell me why then does the All "A" Classic, which in a sense is a second state tournament, draws such small crowds compared to the Sweet Sixteen and do you really think that if given a choice between going to the Sweet Sixteen and or the All "A" Classic which tournament the schools and players would rather play in?

If you water down the Sweet Sixteen, you take a lot (and I mean a lot) of money away from other sports.....

Maybe because it is not called the State championship?

It would be split a Class 1A champion and 2A champion. So when you get more of the bigger schools coming to the 2A championship it would be bigger than it is curently, IMO. Then you would have the 16 1A tournament and all of those fans, I think it is a no brainer. All of the smaller schools also going for a basketball title. Those communities of those schools would flock to see their boys play at Rupp Arena in their Sweet Sixteen.

Maybe because it is not called the State championship?

It would be split a Class 1A champion and 2A champion. So when you get more of the bigger schools coming to the 2A championship it would be bigger than it is curently, IMO. Then you would have the 16 1A tournament and all of those fans, I think it is a no brainer. All of the smaller schools also going for a basketball title. Those communities of those schools would flock to see their boys play at Rupp Arena in their Sweet Sixteen.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Frankly, from my own observations, the success of the sweet sixteen financially has nothing at all to do with what specific schools are playing. Rather, its success is built on years of 6 to 8000 people who don't have a rooting interest, buy tickets in the preceding fall when no one has even played a game. That type of neutral audience is what is missing from every other KHSAA state championship including football and girls basketball, and from events like the All A classic. While the fan groups are nice when a given team wins, what separates the Sweet 16 from everything else is it is the ONE AND ONLY chance for folks in this country to see a single class, all in one pile, championship tournament and the memories that are constantly created.