Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Webb wins NL Cy Young

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We also need a sign at the city limits!

Yep, "Beware, GIAT lives here!!":p

Makes that raffle of the autographed ball much more important this season, huh?

Congrats to Ashland's Brandon Webb on this well deserved honor!!. :dancingpa This is awesome news and imo says a lot about the baseball talent that is in this area. Imo ther baseball talent here has for the most part been overlooked. Man would I love to see Webb in Cincy!

Yep, "Beware, GIAT lives here!!":p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, That should be in view somewhere. Pressbox or C stand.

Yes, That should be in view somewhere. Pressbox or C stand.

Why stop there, go large out by Rt. 23

I think that would work. We need to do something to recognize his achievement.

I think that would work. We need to do something to recognize his achievement.

Approach the mayor of Ashland about the B.Webb sign. You do have those skills to persuade!!

What skills are you referring to? Kidnapping and extortion?

What skills are you referring to? Kidnapping and extortion?

No, you're bigger than him!:D

 

I wonder what kind of bonus was in his contract for the Award, don't all pitchers contracts have that? Even Eric Milton!:eek:

I agree that the city of Ashland does need to do something to show Webbs accomplishments. However, if they do it for him, they'll have to add a few other names to the sign also, IMO.

  • Author
I agree that the city of Ashland does need to do something to show Webbs accomplishments. However, if they do it for him, they'll have to add a few other names to the sign also, IMO.

 

 

Who else from Ashland has won the Cy Young award? The Judd's have a plaza named after them. Chuck Woolery has a street named after him. The very least the city could do is put up a sign in his honor.

Yep, "Beware, GIAT lives here!!":p

Makes that raffle of the autographed ball much more important this season, huh?

 

Absolutely!!!!!!!

Who else from Ashland has won the Cy Young award? The Judd's have a plaza named after them. Chuck Woolery has a street named after him. The very least the city could do is put up a sign in his honor.

 

I forgot about Judd plaza (maybe we can get Ashley a bilboard too ;) ). I didn't know Chuck has a street. There are others, I just don't have time to research it right now, but Larry Conley definetely comes to mind. Like I said, Brandon does deserve recognition, I just don't know about a "Welcome to the Home of" kinda sign though, it's not like Ashland is just the home of Brandon Webb. I say give him a street or something.

I forgot about Judd plaza (maybe we can get Ashley a bilboard too ;) ). I didn't know Chuck has a street. There are others, I just don't have time to research it right now, but Larry Conley definetely comes to mind. Like I said, Brandon does deserve recognition, I just don't know about a "Welcome to the Home of" kinda sign though, it's not like Ashland is just the home of Brandon Webb. I say give him a street or something.

I don't care where he calls home, but with regards to his little league play, he played in the AALL and a board on U.S.23 right in front of the field stating "the home of" is a great idea.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.