University Heights 85 Newport 59

I read in the prediction thread about some “bull crap” techs and Tandy being favored. Don’t know about the techs, but that always seems to happen in these kind of games (tournament finals, classics, etc.), where a “celebrity” player gets the “star” treatment. Not right. Don’t even know if true in this one, but I have seen it plenty before. Doesn’t seem that would make much difference in this 20+ point loss, but it can certainly change a game, especially early on.

the first technical was well earned. The kid cussed the ref like a red headed step child. That gets it every time. The second one was bs. Slammed the ball but caught it. Don’t think he said anything too bad. The third was well earned. Two hand shoved the kid.

In terms of Tandy getting calls. Guys can’t stay in front of him so people foul him. He’s always in attack mode. That’s why he gets fouled so much. Guys just aren’t good enough to guard him.

Any unbiased fans? Lol. Hard to hear from one side listed as “Hoptown”. No offense. jk. I do appreciate the info.

I’m well aware of how good Tandy is. Saw him play as a junior. Unreal. But, I also know that refs get “star struck” as well. And, it isn’t just fouls on a star, it’s not calling anything against them.

Guess no real way for me to judge, and even if so, not blaming the kid! Good for him for being so good that people can’t stay in front.

Any unbiased fans? Lol. Hard to hear from one side listed as “Hoptown”. No offense. �� jk. I do appreciate the info.

I’m well aware of how good Tandy is. Saw him play as a junior. Unreal. But, I also know that refs get “star struck” as well. And, it isn’t just fouls on a star, it’s not calling anything against them.

Guess no real way for me to judge, and even if so, not blaming the kid! Good for him for being so good that people can’t stay in front.

I watched UHA's first game vs Frederick Douglass. While he did not get any calls or non calls from the refs. He did not play very well at all. His stat line vs Douglass was 3-12 from the floor with 4 steals, 4 assist, and 4 turnovers. The difference in that game was the supporting cast especially McGowan, and Hollowell.