Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nick Foles

Featured Replies

Before I begin this novel, I'm well aware this is a long shot but I love this what if....

 

What if Nick Foles leads the Eagles to another SB coming in late in the season as a backup?

 

In many sports we make our arguments about who is the best ever based on how many rings they lead their teams to. I've seen the argument for Eli Manning (even in bad years) being that he led his team to two championships. Which leads me to the above question.

 

In Foles we have a guy who has proven, in other chances, to be a less than successful starting QB, but when it came to crunch time last year he had an incredible run. This year he comes in for Wentz and wins in LA in what was the biggest upset victory for Philly since '95.

 

So if all is said and done, and Nick Foles is hoisting the trophy in February, what is his legacy?

Before I begin this novel, I'm well aware this is a long shot but I love this what if....

 

What if Nick Foles leads the Eagles to another SB coming in late in the season as a backup?

 

In many sports we make our arguments about who is the best ever based on how many rings they lead their teams to. I've seen the argument for Eli Manning (even in bad years) being that he led his team to two championships. Which leads me to the above question.

 

In Foles we have a guy who has proven, in other chances, to be a less than successful starting QB, but when it came to crunch time last year he had an incredible run. This year he comes in for Wentz and wins in LA in what was the biggest upset victory for Philly since '95.

 

So if all is said and done, and Nick Foles is hoisting the trophy in February, what is his legacy?

 

I think you stated his legacy well, if the scenario plays out that the Eagles win another SB with him at QB.

 

He will be known as a less than successful QB for most of his career but a guy who came in during clutch time to win it all 2 times. It is a remarkable feat and he should be given due credit. Also, by other reports I have heard, he is a pretty good human being (however, I don't know much about him). That also should be a part of his legacy.

 

Again, that would be quite an accomplishment, but it doesn't rise to the level of the Peyton Mannings and Tom Bradys by a fer piece.

If he wins another Super Bowl, I guess that gets him automatically into the Hall of Fame. It seems like that's pretty much all that matters for getting into the Hall of Fame for a quarterback. Win Super Bowls you are in. Don't win Super Bowls, you are not in. The rest of your stats have minimal impact.

If he wins another Super Bowl, I guess that gets him automatically into the Hall of Fame. It seems like that's pretty much all that matters for getting into the Hall of Fame for a quarterback. Win Super Bowls you are in. Don't win Super Bowls, you are not in. The rest of your stats have minimal impact.

Trent Dilfer.

If he wins another Super Bowl, I guess that gets him automatically into the Hall of Fame. It seems like that's pretty much all that matters for getting into the Hall of Fame for a quarterback. Win Super Bowls you are in. Don't win Super Bowls, you are not in. The rest of your stats have minimal impact.

 

I would think win-loss record in regular season games would also be apart of an HOF profile. I don't know how Nick Foles looks in that criteria.

 

Let's say, you win two SB's by coming in during the playoffs and winning out or take over a team that is winning under another QB who gets injured at the end of the season and then lead them the rest of the way to a SB, but have a lot of other seasons where your winning pct. is a bit over average and you lose in playoff games, then that is probably not a HOF bio.

  • Author
I would think win-loss record in regular season games would also be apart of an HOF profile. I don't know how Nick Foles looks in that criteria.

 

Let's say, you win two SB's by coming in during the playoffs and winning out or take over a team that is winning under another QB who gets injured at the end of the season and then lead them the rest of the way to a SB, but have a lot of other seasons where your winning pct. is a bit over average and you lose in playoff games, then that is probably not a HOF bio.

 

24-18-0

Only Jim Plunkett has won multiple SBs and not been inducted to the HoF.

 

Of course, 4 (Peyton, Eli, Big Ben, and Brady) of the 12 to do it are either still playing or not yet eligible.

Does this mean that Jeff Hostettler just missed the HOF?

 

Best backup of all time was Earl Morrall.

 

He led the Colts to the Super Bowl when Unitas was hurt and won MVP that year. Later kept the Dolphins unbeaten in '72 when Griese went down.

 

He also took over after Unitas was injured in Super Bowl V and helped lead the Colts back from a 13-6 deficit to the title.

Maybe Foles will be a Bengal next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.