Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thursday Morning Thoughts - 10th Region

Featured Replies

Pretty sure they were invited to the KOB, but declined. I believe they are playing in the Lex Cath tourney.

 

Why would they decline? They are NOT playing in the Lex Cath tourney but are playing in the AIT. Their first game is against Seneca.

Why would they decline? They are NOT playing in the Lex Cath tourney but are playing in the AIT. Their first game is against Seneca.

 

I have no knowledge why they declined, but I did read on this forum where they were invited and declined. I thought they were in the original pairing for the Lex Cath tourney. Does any have any input on the subject ?

In a boot. Sprained ankle I believe.

AGREE 100%. I think strength of schedule early in the season is a big reason for some of the records and odd outcomes at this point in the year.

 

Robertson undefeated before last night, with a weak SOS IMO (Augusta, Fleming, Bracken, and Ripley) and gets whomped by PC.

 

GRC is 3-2 with losses to #1 team in the 10th (Campbell) and a TOUGH Woodford Co. team. But clearly good enough to win the region.

 

Bracken had a couple blow out wins before getting spanked by Mason (0-4 at the time).

 

Mason starts 0-4 with losses to Lex Cath, a 9th region contender in SK, and top 3 team in the 10th Scott High. Then runs the table against Bracken.

 

I am not a big fan of a weak schedule which produces 20 wins. I get wanting to win but not sure it helps down the road to gain respect within the region and be competitive.

 

IMO its....

1. Campbell

2. GRC

3. Scott

4. PC

 

Then 5-10.

 

For Scott to lose only by 14 at Cov Cath without Ohmer says alot about that bunch.

Closer game than I would have thought...

 

Simon Kenton is in the 8th Region. Also, CovCath isn’t the same CovCath as the last few years. But, the 10th is pretty dadgum strong.

I have no knowledge why they declined, but I did read on this forum where they were invited and declined. I thought they were in the original pairing for the Lex Cath tourney. Does any have any input on the subject ?

 

I think you are getting Campbell and Pendleton mixed up.

Pendleton played in the Lexington Catholic Holiday Tournament last year.

This year Campbell County was invited to the KOB. They declined because they already committed to the post-Christmas Lexington Christian Tournament and some contract games before Christmas.

Would love to see Pendleton in some of the showcase events around the state. KOB, etc... I wonder if they got invited to any of the bigger events around the state?

 

Based on their schedule they played in two prestigious events already this season (Zip Zone Classic & Marshall County Hoop Fest) on two different sides of the state. Not to mention they played in the Lexington Catholic Tournament last year and they are scheduled to play in the Ashland Tournament this year.

I was surprised that Pendleton did not play in the Murph showcase at Mason County.

 

They played in this event last season on December 22, 2017 and beat Mason County 89-77.

My mistake. I have a bad habit of lumping all NKY into the 9th. :/

My mistake. I have a bad habit of lumping all NKY into the 9th. :/

 

No worries. I never could figure out why SK is 8th Region.

My mistake. I have a bad habit of lumping all NKY into the 9th. :/

Same here.

Based on their schedule they played in two prestigious events already this season (Zip Zone Classic & Marshall County Hoop Fest) on two different sides of the state. Not to mention they played in the Lexington Catholic Tournament last year and they are scheduled to play in the Ashland Tournament this year.

 

That's right. Would have been fun to see Allen against Harmon. But unfortunately we don't get to see that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.