Rockcastle County 13 Bell County 0

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell Co. ran 8 plays in the first half. Bell was in empty backfield shotgun sets most of the game. Bell threw 3 interceptions in the endzone.

Rock had another TD on a 4th down that #81 caught in the endzone but was ruled as not having possession. I was standing 25 yards from the play and it was clearly a catch but the ref had a bad angle and called it an incompletion since the reciever bobbled it.

The radio said that Rock had the ball for like 22:30 minutes in the 1st half and Bell had 1:30.

I can only remember like 5 running plays for Bell.

Dudley "AIR RAID" something is wrong in the universe. :confused: :confused:

Bell had 6 passing plays with 2 completions, took a sack, and had one run in the 1st half.

Bell's offense moved the ball a little better in the 2nd half but couldn't get anything once inside the 20.

I agree that I was shocked by Bell's offensive gameplan in this one.

Bell had 6 passing plays with 2 completions, took a sack, and had one run in the 1st half.

Bell's offense moved the ball a little better in the 2nd half but couldn't get anything once inside the 20.

I agree that I was shocked by Bell's offensive gameplan in this one.

Not to say anything about Dudley's decision because he did what he thought his team needed to do in order to win....you can't fault a coach for that...BUT it was no surprise to me that he did it because didn't Bell County do pretty much the same thing the last time these two teams faced off?

Bell Co. ran 8 plays in the first half. Bell was in empty backfield shotgun sets most of the game. Bell threw 3 interceptions in the endzone.

Rock had another TD on a 4th down that #81 caught in the endzone but was ruled as not having possession. I was standing 25 yards from the play and it was clearly a catch but the ref had a bad angle and called it an incompletion since the reciever bobbled it.

It was not a catch. He was bobbling the ball when he stepped out of the back of the end zone. I was right there too and the ref did have a good angle and made the right call. The ball was in his hands, but he he was bobbling it and and never had control until it was too late.

Rock was the better football team. They are an older and bigger team than Bell was. It all started with their O'line, they opened up holes all night long and their defense was great. Bell missed some opportunities, but theres no doubt Rock was the better team.

The only thing that bothered me tonight was the poor sportsmanship showed by some of the players. There was a lot of talking. Bell got an unsportsnamlike penalty that uncalled for and not needed. Also Rock on their 1st sack the defender taunted Nelson really heavily. Then in the 4th quarter they did it again and the ref threw the flag. Theres no reason for either team to act that way.

Other than that it was a very physical hard played game.

Rock was the better football team. They are an older and bigger team than Bell was. It all started with their O'line, they opened up holes all night long and their defense was great. Bell missed some opportunities, but theres no doubt Rock was the better team.

The only thing that bothered me tonight was the poor sportsmanship showed by some of the players. There was a lot of talking. Bell got an unsportsnamlike penalty that uncalled for and not needed. Also Rock on their 1st sack the defender taunted Nelson really heavily. Then in the 4th quarter they did it again and the ref threw the flag. Theres no reason for either team to act that way.

Other than that it was a very physical hard played game.

I can assure you that the player who had the flag thrown on him from Rockcastle County will be talked to by the coaching staff. Coach Larkey and staff don't stand for things like that.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It was not a catch. He was bobbling the ball when he stepped out of the back of the end zone. I was right there too and the ref did have a good angle and made the right call. The ball was in his hands, but he he was bobbling it and and never had control until it was too late.

I still think it was a catch. The reciever did bobble the ball but pulled it in long enough while getting his feet inbounds. The ref was trailing the play so he couldn't have had the best view. I would like to hear some more opinions on this play from others.

This play didn't effect the outcome of the game, Rock caught enough Bobcat passes in the same endzone all night.