Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hot Stove Starting to Heat Up

Featured Replies

Not only Is Marquis durable and a good hitter but he Is also cheap.

 

Nice sign for the Cubs!

  • Replies 108
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really like the signing of Marquis, he stunk for the cards and he's a head case

I dont really like the signing of Marquis, he stunk for the cards and he's a head case

Apparently Marquis contacted Rothschild and wanted to throw for him. Rothschild and Piniella saw something they liked, I guess. I like the fact that both he and Lilly are innings-eaters, which is what the Cubs need. They may not be aces, but if they give us good outings and not wear out the bullpen by June, then that is good for me.

  • Author

I think the signing of Marquis is a good one to help bolster the rotation. It was obvious we needed to upgrade and that we have done in Lilly and Marquis. Keep in mind Hendry didn't sign Jason to be a front line guy, but rather a back of the rotation filler and this was a much needed spot to fill.

 

The word I am hearing, and the moves I am hoping for the most to conclude our offseason is a deal that would send Jaque Jones to L.A. for Brad Penny, and a move that would send Sean Marshall to D.C. for Ryan Church. This meaning a rotation of Zambrano, Penny, Lilly, Marquis, Prior/Hill and an Outifeld of possibly Cliff Floyd (Cubs have been after him hard)/Matt Murton in Left, Ryan Church in Center, and the more wise move of Soriano to Right (Right field being the predominant position for a Cubs star, see Sammy Sosa.)

Marquis was a good starter for the Braves and he will likely be a good one for the Cubs.

 

Gagne is reportedly ready to sign a contract with the Giants for atlesat $6million guaranteed.

Did the Reds sign Mark Lorreta? I heard they were trying to.

I think the signing of Marquis is a good one to help bolster the rotation. It was obvious we needed to upgrade and that we have done in Lilly and Marquis. Keep in mind Hendry didn't sign Jason to be a front line guy, but rather a back of the rotation filler and this was a much needed spot to fill.

 

The word I am hearing, and the moves I am hoping for the most to conclude our offseason is a deal that would send Jaque Jones to L.A. for Brad Penny, and a move that would send Sean Marshall to D.C. for Ryan Church. This meaning a rotation of Zambrano, Penny, Lilly, Marquis, Prior/Hill and an Outifeld of possibly Cliff Floyd (Cubs have been after him hard)/Matt Murton in Left, Ryan Church in Center, and the more wise move of Soriano to Right (Right field being the predominant position for a Cubs star, see Sammy Sosa.)

 

I like the Marquis sigining. Check back with me in August to see if I still feel that way.

 

Marshall isn't going anywhere. He was the biggest beneficiary of Greg Maddux being in the dugout last year and Maddux taught him well. After trading three pitchers -- two who would be in their rotation this year -- to the Marlins for Juan Pierre for a year, the Cubs won't be trading away starting pitching.

 

I still think you'll see Cliff Floyd in left, with Murton platooning, unless they unload Jones, then Murton moves to right. I still think you could see a Jones to Colorado for Jennings deal. You may also see Kenny Lofton signed to play center until Felix Pie is ready.

The way Marquis pitched this past year the Cubs can have him. If he can return to 2 years ago it will be a good pickup for a #4 or #5 starter.

Negotiations on a contract between the Red Sox and Daisuke Matsuzaka have reportedly cooled off. The Red Sox have until midnight ET Thursday to sign the Japanese righty.

Will Clemens follow Pettitte to New York like he did to Houston 3 years ago ???

 

Clemens was not required to attend games when he wasn't scheduled to pitch, both at home and on the road while with the Astros. I wonder if that will be true with the team he signs with next...

12/12/06 Detroit Tigers

Signed OF Jose Mesa to a one-year contract; Non-tendered OF Alexis Gomez, making him a free agent.

Kansas City Royals

Designated RHP Brandon Duckworth for assignment.

Philadelphia Phillies

Acquired LHP Bobby Livingston from Tampa Bay in exchange for cash considerations.

Pittsburgh Pirates

Claimed RHP Franquelis Osoria off waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Claimed LHP Bobby Livingston off waivers from the Mariners and traded him to the Phillies for cash.

Toronto Blue Jays

Signed OF Matt Stairs to a minor league contract and INF Jason Smith to a one-year contract

The Astros acquired Jason Jennings, Colorado's all-time wins leader, and Miguel Asencio for outfielder Willy Taveras and right-handers Taylor Buchholz and Jason Hirsh.

 

Texas has agreed to a one-year, $6 million pact with reliever Eric Gagne. The deal is pending a physical, but the team is confident he's healthy again after two injury-filled seasons.

 

"I'm really happy to go to Philadelphia," said Freddy Garcia in his introductory conference call. The Phils are hoping the World Series-tested Garcia can help lead them to the playoffs

The Rangers reportedly anted up for Barry Zito yesterday, though the numbers were not disclosed. But if they ultimately offered six years and around $100 million - an ever-popular prediction - then he will play in Arlington.

-- New York Post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.