Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brackets For 2006 C.F.I.T.

Featured Replies

WED. DEC. 27

6:30 PINEVILLE vs DORMAN, SPARTANBURG, SC.

8:30 SHELBY VALLEY vs CORBIN

 

THUR. DEC. 28

7:30 BYRNES, SPARTANBURG, SC. vs GREENUP CO.

9:30 BELL CO. vs NORTHWESTERN, ROCKHILL, SC.

should be an interesting tourney.

  • Author

I was shocked that Corbin would pick Shelby Valley to open with. I would have thought they would pick one of the South Carolina teams.

What is the connection with this tournament and South Carolina? It seems that there are teams from there coming to Corbin every year.

What is the connection with this tournament and South Carolina? It seems that there are teams from there coming to Corbin every year.

 

I'm not exactly sure why. I know that there was a Corbin alumni who coached down in the Myrtle Beach(Conway I believe) area for many years and I'm not sure if it was football or basketball that he coached, but maybe he has helped to recruit some teams from that area. Some schools from SC, such as Dorman, come back over and over to play, so I guess they must like the way they are treated and the way the tournament is run. Dorman usually has a very good team and has won the tournament 2-3 times unless I'm mistaken.

  • Author

Good tourney that pays very good and word of mouth spreads down there and the Varsity Club likes having some out of state teams.

  • Author

Doreman does have a good team and they have played in the C.F.I.T. several times. They have only won the tourney one time but been in the finals two or three times.

Corbin always puts on a nice show. Last season they had a super athletic team from Florida. So they must have some connections throughout the south. How does Shelby Valley look for this season?

What is the connection with this tournament and South Carolina? It seems that there are teams from there coming to Corbin every year.

 

 

Former Corbin coach Billy Hicks played college basketball in South Carolina. That's probably where it started.

How good is Shelby Valley? I see where they are avg. 92 points a game while giving up 36. Was their coach ever an assistant at Corbin?

Shelby Valley really gets after you and they shot very well in the scrimmage I saw. That's a tough draw for Corbin. I'll pick the Hounds by four at home.

How good is Shelby Valley? I see where they are avg. 92 points a game while giving up 36. Was their coach ever an assistant at Corbin?

 

They hung 125 on the David School the other night, so their average is a bit skewed.

 

They beat Betsy Layne by 30, a Virginia team by 66, Oneida Baptist by 65 and Shawnee by 21. Not exactly a murderer's row! Even with that, Shelby Valley was expected to be pretty good this year. But Corbin should handle them.

WED. DEC. 27

6:30 PINEVILLE vs DORMAN, SPARTANBURG, SC.

8:30 SHELBY VALLEY vs CORBIN

 

THUR. DEC. 28

7:30 BYRNES, SPARTANBURG, SC. vs GREENUP CO.

9:30 BELL CO. vs NORTHWESTERN, ROCKHILL, SC.

 

 

 

I would say this is a balanced field. Taking stab at some early predictions. I must admit I do not know much about the South Carolina teams.

 

Dorman over Pineville. Lions seem to be limping into the tourney.

Corbin over Shelby Valley. Great match-up by the Varsity club for the 1st rd.

Byrnes over Greenup. Has to be some talent that plays basketball too.

Bell over Northwestern. Bell is a force to be reckoned with in the 13th.

 

Semi-finals:

Corbin over Dorman. Crawford steps up and leads young guns to the finals.

Bell over Byrnes. Too many Whitaker's in the house.

 

Finals:

Corbin vs Bell. Great re-match from an earlier game on Log Mountain. Can the Hounds adjust enough to win the title or will the talent and experience of Bell be too much this time around as well. You be the judge.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.