Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brackets For 2006 C.F.I.T.

Featured Replies

Whom will be leading the Musketeers of Greenup County? I enjoyed watching their team play last season in the tournament.

Anyone know how the South Carolina teams have done up to this point in the season? Do they have a class system in their state?

How good is Shelby Valley? I see where they are avg. 92 points a game while giving up 36. Was their coach ever an assistant at Corbin?

 

Jason Booher coached at Corbin under Coach deaton back around 96-97. I think Coach Booher was the JV or Freshman coach. If I am not mistaken he has SV undefeated right now. Whether that is due to their SOS or talent, I don't know.

Anyone know how the South Carolina teams have done up to this point in the season? Do they have a class system in their state?

According to another site

 

Byrnes is 2-6

Dorman is 4-3

Northwestern is 2-2

 

I am sure some of their score have not been reported . It would appear that Dorman is the best of the teams from down South.

Redhound varsity club does a great great job. THey should run the state tournament or any tournament in the country. Terry Joe Martin is very special when it comes to hosting teams and people at home. The big problem in the past has been the officiating and this is zero reflection on Terry Joe, he doesn't sign these guys. If you are a official and calling the tournament, please, please don't cheat the out of state teams, it really bothers me when we go home after the tournament and know that we cheated other teams. With that said, does anyone know who will have the Corbin game tomorrow night.

I can say after watching numerous Invitational tournaments the host school usually gets a few more breaks than the visitors. I might also add that the home school in regular season games usually gets a homecourt advantage as well. I think most people understand this and realize it is part of the nature of sports in general. Since Corbin has only won their own tournament at an average of about once every 4 years or so, I would not classify their wins as the results of officals. If that were indeed the case I think you would see their name tattoed more frequently on the wall in Gillium gym. Futhermore, the football Hounds are about .500 in their Pigskin classic over the course of its existence. Again hard to say the deck is stacked against any team competing in these events. Compare the records of similar host schools in their bowl games and Invitational tournaments and you might feel better about the history of the contests put on by the Varsity Club.

There is always a slight advantage for the home team in big tournaments but I wouldn't go as far to say Corbin has cheated any team.

There is always a slight advantage for the home team in big tournaments but I wouldn't go as far to say Corbin has cheated any team.

 

There was only one game that I recall from last year's tournament that seemed to be one-sided, but that game did not involve Corbin. it was either Barbourville or Bell Co.(memory is fading fast) that appeared to me to get the benefit of a few questionable calls against a SC team.

I know both Barbourville and Bell County played well in the tournament last season. There was enough Blue in the gym to make you think you were in Rupp Arena. I hope there is a big crowd for the tournament this year as well. I will be there early to get a seat and a hot funnel cake with the good powdered sugar. Please do not tell Sweetness about my indulgences.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.