Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A #2 Raceland vs. 3A Russell

Who wins this matchup? 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this matchup? The Rams are coming off a heartbreaking loss to Paintsville 6-0. Russell absolutely embarrassed Bath County last week 42-6.

Scrimmaged one and played the other. Russell wins possibly big.

 

Man, I hope you're right.

No one excited for this matchup?

No one excited for this matchup?

 

I'm looking forward to it. This will be the true test of how far Russell's come since that horrendous 0-3 start. They haven't seen anything like the overall quickness and collection of skill people that Raceland has since they got run off the field against Ashland. The Devils will have to step up their game another notch to pull out this win.

 

A major factor in the outcome could be Raceland's mental state. Come Friday night, will they have turned the page on the loss to Paintsville? Or will there be some carryover into this game versus Russell? The Red Devils are confident right now. If the Rams are down on themselves, Russell could pounce on them early.

 

Honestly, if Raceland's collective head is in a good place, and they bring their A game, I think they're two scores better than Russell. Despite the six game win streak, Russell continued to display some lingering offensive deficiencies against teams they should have moved the ball at will against. They had their best rushing performance of the year last week versus Bath, but I'm not sure they can count on being able to do that to the Rams. I think the defense is good enough to keep them in this game, but they'll need to find some balance on offense to put points on the board. Maybe create turnovers to give themselves some short fields.

I'm looking forward to the game. I would like to see Russell keep it close with a chance to win at the end.

WSAZ 3 is calling for rain Friday. That might make things interesting.

We picked a bad day to have a bad day. That being said, I look for Raceland to play focused and a little edgy. I do not think there will be a hangover. If we play like practice has gone so far, I think Raceland fans will be happy.

It is interesting to see how many doubters come out just because we didn’t play as well as we are capable of last week. I still think we are every bit as good as we thought we were prior to the Paintsville game. I honestly think the loss was good for us. We haven’t been this focused since team camp.

We picked a bad day to have a bad day. That being said, I look for Raceland to play focused and a little edgy. I do not think there will be a hangover. If we play like practice has gone so far, I think Raceland fans will be happy.

It is interesting to see how many doubters come out just because we didn’t play as well as we are capable of last week. I still think we are every bit as good as we thought we were prior to the Paintsville game. I honestly think the loss was good for us. We haven’t been this focused since team camp.

That's great to hear Doc. I was wondering how they would react to the district loss last week. A game like that can send a team either way, I was fearing the kids being down, questioning themselves and each other / blaming each other, etc..

I hope that your right and these Rams come out on fire.

All of these games since this series was restarted have been good ones. I think that there has been two O.T. games. I don't expect anything other than another one going down to the wire on Friday, imo we will see another close game between these two on Friday night.

As in most any game played anywhere, the line play will termine a lot. Turnovers, big plays, etc,, all figure in as well.

This one is a "you pick em'" game and I am picking my Rams.

Agree with Doc. The same people loving the Rams seem to go negative after a loss to the #4 ranked team in Class A. A lot of football left to be played fellas.

Raceland 14-12.

Just 23 hours away.....

 

So, are you guys going to polish the trophy real good for us before we take it back?

Should a person be looking to pick on who's hot right now, that would be Russell. After weathering a bad start (w / one of those L's to a very good, high ranked 4A Ashland), T.J. Maynard's Red Devils have been on a roll and aren't showing any sign of slowing down. Especially to little 1A Raceland. This is a rivalry / trophy game for a bragging rights for a year with no playoff implications. After their loss tomorrow night :popcorn:, I wish Russell the best of luck on their 3A playoff run.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.