Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulaski County 21 Southwestern 14

Featured Replies

Pulaski drives 99 yards and scores with 52 seconds left to set the final margin.

Wow! Very impressive way to finish and win a game. Congratulations to Pulaski County.

Southwestern runs the most simple, predictable, basic offense I've seen in awhile. That's fine when you're way better physically than your opponent. It wasn't tonight.

Southwestern runs the most simple, predictable, basic offense I've seen in awhile. That's fine when you're way better physically than your opponent. It wasn't tonight.

 

They have ran a much greater variety at times this year. I really don’t know why why stayed in same formation and ran same 3 or 4 plays most of the 2nd half. If this is the only games you’ve seen I would understand your comment. But they do a wide variety of things. Don’t know why we closed the playbook tonight.

  • Author
They have ran a much greater variety at times this year. I really don’t know why why stayed in same formation and ran same 3 or 4 plays most of the 2nd half. If this is the only games you’ve seen I would understand your comment. But they do a wide variety of things. Don’t know why we closed the playbook tonight.

 

Could be because these two will probably play again in a few weeks. SW played with a small playbook and still nearly won the game.

Could be because these two will probably play again in a few weeks. SW played with a small playbook and still nearly won the game.

 

To be honest I was thinking the same thing during the second half. The only two times the teams have played twice in the same season since Larry French has been there Southwestern has won the regular season game then lost the playoff game. Including the 2014 State Championship Pulaski team. They lost to Bowling Green and Southwestern both in the regular season but beat SW in the playoffs on their way to the State Title game against Graves Co. When you mention things like this people want to accuse you of downplaying the other teams victory. I'm not doing that. You march 99 yards and convert (4) 4th down conversions you deserve to win. I just wonder if that is why the play calling was so vanilla in the second half especially. I can't remember the last time Coach French called and asked my opinion but that may have had something to do with it.

A spectator sees a handoff and it’s either up the middle or outside. A qb runs the ball and it’s just a direct snap and find a hole. There are a variety of different blocking schemes for run plays that may look similar because people tend to just watch the ball and not the line, however they are not similar at all. It’s all about angles in the run game and if you miss an assignment it looks like a terrible play call. We will watch film and get better but I promise we didn’t come into the game and only run 4 plays. Hats off to Pulaski they limited our possessions in the second half and we didn’t capitalize when we did have the ball.

All of these guys know more football than I do and although I said same 3 or 4 plays I meant to say it "seemed" like the same 3 or 4 plays. It doesn't really matter as long as SW can win the second game. Nobody cares that SW beat Pulaski the year they won their State Championship. Pulaski won the one that mattered. I just hate losing. Good luck to SW next week against LexCath.

Southwestern looked like they need to work on their conditioning. They had someone cramping up every play in the second half. The string of blowouts that they've played recently did them no favors in that regard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.