Red Sox 8 Astros 6

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That one call is probably the difference in this series being 2-2 instead of 3-1. More than likely has changed the outcome of who advances on to the WS.

Wasn't this in the first inning?

Yes, first inning.

No way anyone can say if it is a home run, that Houston wins the game. Everything that happens after that in the game changes and there is no way to predict what would have happened.

[ATTACH]67318[/ATTACH]

You can clearly see the guy in the white is bent over at the waist, over the wall. Then he’s reaching right with his arm extended over the wall. The other two guys are reached out even further. You can also see Mookie isn’t even touching the wall yet. I never thought I’d say this, but Joe West got the call right.

I honestly don't think this shot clearly shows one way or the other. Betts' not touching the wall doesn't definitely say one way or the other either. If he is reaching back his glove is going to be behind him so he could easily be reaching over the wall and not touch the wall. I will say with the other things you point I tend to agree that the fan reached over.

Beyond the controversial call, that game was an unbelievably good baseball game. If you didn't see it you have to at least go back and watch the last three or four innings. Even knowing the outcome you will be on the edge of your seat wondering who's going to make the next great play or get the next big hit.

I honestly don't think this shot clearly shows one way or the other. Betts' not touching the wall doesn't definitely say one way or the other either. If he is reaching back his glove is going to be behind him so he could easily be reaching over the wall and not touch the wall. I will say with the other things you point I tend to agree that the fan reached over.

So if we agree the fans reached over, and other angles clearly show the fans inadvertently hitting his glove shut, then it’s logical that more likely than not his glove wasn’t over the fence.

So if we agree the fans reached over, and other angles clearly show the fans inadvertently hitting his glove shut, then it’s logical that more likely than not his glove wasn’t over the fence.

But I don't agree that the fans reached over. It's possible but I have not seen anything that definitely shows that. I lean the way of thinking the fan reached over but again nothing definitively shows that.

But I don't agree that the fans reached over. It's possible but I have not seen anything that definitely shows that. I lean the way of thinking the fan reached over but again nothing definitively shows that.

The pic I showed, shows dude in the white bent over and clearly extending his arm even further. The other two guys hands were further out than his. I don’t see how anyone can see that angle and still frame photo and say Mookie was definitely reaching into the bleachers when the guys bent over is obviously outreached over the wall. Mookie makes that play if the fans don’t hit his glove shut. Their hands are over the wall.

The pic I showed, shows dude in the white bent over and clearly extending his arm even further. The other two guys hands were further out than his. I don’t see how anyone can see that angle and still frame photo and say Mookie was definitely reaching into the bleachers when the guys bent over is obviously outreached over the wall. Mookie makes that play if the fans don’t hit his glove shut. Their hands are over the wall.
IMO the pic you posted doesn't clearly show anything. It's a pic of someones TV and is taken for an angle that distorts the screen. It also in no way clearly shows the other two guys extending beyond the dude in the white. You can't even see their hands. What you can say is their hands are on the same plane as Betts' glove so we are left with deciding which side of the wall that was on. The dude in white is bending at the waist but is that so he can reach to the side more or over. Again I lean towards saying he is reaching over the wall but nothing definitive. If the call would have been HR I think it stands.

The only thing you can tell from that angle is that the fans are leaning forward and reaching out. The angle does not give any indication whether they're over the wall, or if Betts glove is beyond the ball.

The only thing you can tell from that angle is that the fans are leaning forward and reaching out. The angle does not give any indication whether they're over the wall, or if Betts glove is beyond the ball.

You can’t see the guy in the white polo’s hand is below the glove and behind Mookie’s arm? You can’t see the guy in navy and the guy in Orange’s hands are level with Mookie’s glove and in front of it? Time to call the optometrist...

They’re leaned on the wall and bent over, and by your own admission, reaching out. I don’t see how anyone who see’s those things can’t reach the conclusion that it’s far more likely they’re reaching into the field of play. Then they hit Mookie’s glove to shut.

You can’t see the guy in the white polo’s hand is below the glove and behind Mookie’s arm? You can’t see the guy in navy and the guy in Orange’s hands are level with Mookie’s glove and in front of it? Time to call the optometrist...

Good Lord, save the snark.

The angle doesn't show depth perception. You see the guy in white's hand under Betts glove, but for all we know he could be a foot or two to the side of Betts. The other two guys hands are behind Betts glove. It appears they're moving forward, but you can't determine that from the angle of the picture.

Good Lord, save the snark.

The angle doesn't show depth perception. You see the guy in white's hand under Betts glove, but for all we know he could be a foot or two to the side of Betts. The other two guys hands are behind Betts glove. It appears they're moving forward, but you can't determine that from the angle of the picture.

Snark? I think not, no need to get personal.

9B21B7DA-586E-4DA2-806B-53243620E067.jpeg

This is most definitely not behind his glove. Fan interference all day. If it wasn’t, they would’ve overturned Joe’s call.

Snark? I think not, no need to get personal.

[ATTACH]67319[/ATTACH]

This is most definitely not behind his glove. Fan interference all day. If it wasn’t, they would’ve overturned Joe’s call.

Misunderstanding. We're good.

Edited by UKMustangFan