2A #10 Newport Central Catholic at #8 Lloyd

DRKARK

Who wins?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Barring any major upsets, this is for the district championship. Lloyd (5-2) sprung the upset last year, snatching away the district title from NewCath (2-5) and ending a 23 game losing streak to the ‘Breds. The presence (or lack thereof) of Kyle Kelly will likely play a huge role in shaping the outcome of this game.

I think we are underestimating NCC. What about the Kremer-Posey connection ? Hezekiah Miller is a heck of an athlete and Hunter Cain fills in for Kelly nicely. If they are without Kelly, it for sure does not mean they are out of this matchup. Should be a good one.

This is a big game for both teams IMO. If Lloyd wins, it may well say that they have become the team of the NKY 2A district to beat, even with Newport Catholic moving down to 1A next season. If Newport Catholic wins, it says that their current record means nothing and that their the best 2A team in NKY.

I’m interested in seeing how this game goes, tough one for me to pick. Good luck to both teams!

This is a big game for both teams IMO. If Lloyd wins, it may well say that they have become the team of the NKY 2A district to beat, even with Newport Catholic moving down to 1A next season. If Newport Catholic wins, it says that their current record means nothing and that their the best 2A team in NKY.

I’m interested in seeing how this game goes, tough one for me to pick. Good luck to both teams!

Are you implying, that if Lloyd beats NCC this year, then that will lead to them being the team to beat in NKY 2A, even when Beechwood moves up to 2A next year?

Are you implying, that if Lloyd beats NCC this year, then that will lead to them being the team to beat in NKY 2A, even when Beechwood moves up to 2A next year?

I forgot about Beechwood moving up. With the new changes, Beechwood will be strongly favored. I could see Lloyd making things interesting if they continue improving as a program.