Duke vs. Ryerson - Thoughts and Predictions

Wireman

R.J. Barrett didn’t shoot very well but he and Zion Williamson dominated the game. Williamson and Jack White seemed like the only ones hitting anything from the outside. I haven’t seen the box score so don’t know exact stats. It will be a much different looking team with Jones and Reddish in the lineup. Losing O’Connell in the first few minutes didn’t help with depth either.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duke rolled eadily 86 -67

Twitter is abuzz with title predictions.

Is it? I haven’t seen any title predictions from the many Duke accounts I follow. I have seen and participated in endless gushing over Zion’s game but I haven’t seen any title predictions tonight. Granted Duke accounts were making title predictions in June after the #1 Class was secured but knowing that Tre Jones and Cam Reddish didn’t play tonight I have yet to see any title predictions from anyone tonight. Who was saying it?

R.J. Barrett didn’t shoot very well but he and Zion Williamson dominated the game. Williamson and Jack White seemed like the only ones hitting anything from the outside. I haven’t seen the box score so don’t know exact stats. It will be a much different looking team with Jones and Reddish in the lineup.

RJ Barrett was 11-21 with 5 minutes left in the game. 50% from the floor isn’t shooting good?

Tough crowd.

So Kentucky beats professional teams by 25 points and they are just playing jobbers and the hype train is taking off.

Duke beats a team comparable to Georgetown College by 19 points and they are rolling to a national championship.

Crazy how that works.

Edit: I see now that Duke opted not to play Carleton, so they will actually roll in all of their games. Wise choice to duck Carleton. That would likely damage expectations.

No they wouldn’t. Two starters aren’t playing and like the UK exhibition games these results are meaningless. Meaningless.

Alex O’Connell caught an elbow to the eye within the first two minutes of the game and left the game. He’s currently at the hospital getting examined.

If he isn’t a starter for Duke he’ll likely be the sixth man so Duke played tonight without three of their top 6-7 players. RJ and Zion showed out. I’m good with that.

Bring on November 6th!!!!!!