Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke vs. Ryerson - Thoughts and Predictions

Featured Replies

R.J. Barrett didn’t shoot very well but he and Zion Williamson dominated the game. Williamson and Jack White seemed like the only ones hitting anything from the outside. I haven’t seen the box score so don’t know exact stats. It will be a much different looking team with Jones and Reddish in the lineup. Losing O’Connell in the first few minutes didn’t help with depth either.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duke rolled eadily 86 -67

 

Twitter is abuzz with title predictions.

 

Is it? I haven’t seen any title predictions from the many Duke accounts I follow. I have seen and participated in endless gushing over Zion’s game but I haven’t seen any title predictions tonight. Granted Duke accounts were making title predictions in June after the #1 Class was secured but knowing that Tre Jones and Cam Reddish didn’t play tonight I have yet to see any title predictions from anyone tonight. Who was saying it?

R.J. Barrett didn’t shoot very well but he and Zion Williamson dominated the game. Williamson and Jack White seemed like the only ones hitting anything from the outside. I haven’t seen the box score so don’t know exact stats. It will be a much different looking team with Jones and Reddish in the lineup.

 

RJ Barrett was 11-21 with 5 minutes left in the game. 50% from the floor isn’t shooting good?

 

Tough crowd.

I wish I could have watched. Stinks that the games aren't on television.

 

ESPN Plus is trash.

Serious question though: anyone surprised that it was less than 20 points?

 

Nope. The only concern anyone had tonight was what Zion’s game looked like. We are all pleased.

So Kentucky beats professional teams by 25 points and they are just playing jobbers and the hype train is taking off.

 

Duke beats a team comparable to Georgetown College by 19 points and they are rolling to a national championship.

 

Crazy how that works.

 

Edit: I see now that Duke opted not to play Carleton, so they will actually roll in all of their games. Wise choice to duck Carleton. That would likely damage expectations.

 

No they wouldn’t. Two starters aren’t playing and like the UK exhibition games these results are meaningless. Meaningless.

Did the hype train make a stop in Durham tonight? All aboard.

 

The hype train began when Zion signed his LOI.

RJ Barrett was 11-21 with 5 minutes left in the game. 50% from the floor isn’t shooting good?

 

Tough crowd.

 

I was referring to outside shots. Most of his buckets were around the rim I believe. I’m sure fatigue was a factor this early as well.

Didn’t watch, but I heard Zion can shoot so that’s not great to hear.

I was referring to outside shots. Most of his buckets were around the rim I believe. I’m sure fatigue was a factor this early as well.

 

I don’t care where he shoots from if he puts up 34 points and shoots 50% from the field.

Didn’t watch, but I heard Zion can shoot so that’s not great to hear.

 

I’m glad you brought this up because this is the one thing UK talking heads focused on all day. Can Zion shoot. Well, he could tonight.

These games are meaningless. Bring on November 6th. I’ve seen enough.

Alex O’Connell caught an elbow to the eye within the first two minutes of the game and left the game. He’s currently at the hospital getting examined.

 

If he isn’t a starter for Duke he’ll likely be the sixth man so Duke played tonight without three of their top 6-7 players. RJ and Zion showed out. I’m good with that.

 

Bring on November 6th!!!!!!

  • Author
No they wouldn’t. Two starters aren’t playing and like the UK exhibition games these results are meaningless. Meaningless.

 

One thing we can all agree on...can't wait until November!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.