Bohemian Rhapsody

Depends on what you're calling unbelievable. They did embellish some things, as often happens in movies covering real people. Some of the timeline of Freddie's life, especially when he contracted HIV, was off. Likely to give the movie more meaning. I hate when they do things like that. Still, I thought the movie was really good and the performance of the actors were outstanding.

I like the movie less actually now since reading that 5 major scenes in the movie are far more then embellished...they were completely made up.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the movie less actually now since reading that 5 major scenes in the movie are far more then embellished...they were completely made up.

Happens most of the time in movies like this one, a half true biopic Hollywood style. I went into the movie expecting it. It was still a great movie.

Just watched tonight and left very impressed overall. Rami Malek did an amazing job in his role, definitely owned it. The other band actors also did well too. I personally wouldn’t have minded it being another hour longer due to the rush through different times that were covered, but the points that were hit upon were done well IMO. The only thing that somewhat aggravated me was wrong sequence of time with some of Queen’s music, but I guess that Hollywood is even going to do that with one of the greatest bands of all time. The music was awesome in the movie too, which probably made a big difference seeing it on the big screen and sound effects. If someone was a Queen fan and they haven’t watched yet, I’d definitely recommend.

Well, I’d say that the movie has definitely done well to say in the least, which most already knew. A national six week tour will happen in the U.S with Adam Lambert over the summer. Tickets went on sale earlier today. I didn’t see that coming.

• 3 months later...
Saw it today with Mrs RTS and we both thought it was spectacular! Rami Malek did a great job of playing Freddie Mercury including a lot of the on stage mannerisms and I thought Gwilym Lee looked and acted eerily like Brian May. Ben Hardy and Joseph Mazzello did a great job playing Rodger Taylor and John Deacon as well. I also got a kick out of Mike Myers playing EMI record executive Ray Foster, a fictional character that supposedly does have some basis in real life as record executive, Roy Featherstone. Unlike Foster, Featherstone was said to have been very supportive of the band, but had some doubts about the track Bohemian Rhapsody.

I thought the Live Aid recreation was remarkable even though they did cut a couple songs in the movie. The music, of course, was great! I don't think you can go wrong seeing the movie if you haven't yet.

There is a YouTube video from the Blu-ray that shows both performances side by side and the movie did the entire set. The Live Aid set was just over 20 minutes, as it is in the movie.