July 11, 20188 yr How do you think this would be handled if an Offensive Coordinator said it at a Power Five school? Without the "who's smarter" portion of it, I don't think it would cause too much issue.
July 12, 20188 yr I know a kid at an ACC school ( african american kid )who I had a recent conversation with. We were talking about a very good running back ( white kid ) who busted his high school career had good speed and excellent strength but didn't get very many high level offers. It was rumored that some scouts said " mr. HS coach I love him but if I offer a white kid at RB I will be out of a job." The ACC kid said his head coach will not recruit a white kid for a skilled athletic position that he doesn't believe white athletes are good enough. The ACC head coach is white. This isn't racist, It's opinion. I believe that it's wrong to judge any athlete by strictly skin color, but I'm not the head coach and he has a right to pick his team.
July 12, 20188 yr I know a kid at an ACC school ( african american kid )who I had a recent conversation with. We were talking about a very good running back ( white kid ) who busted his high school career had good speed and excellent strength but didn't get very many high level offers. It was rumored that some scouts said " mr. HS coach I love him but if I offer a white kid at RB I will be out of a job." The ACC kid said his head coach will not recruit a white kid for a skilled athletic position that he doesn't believe white athletes are good enough. The ACC head coach is white. This isn't racist, It's opinion. I believe that it's wrong to judge any athlete by strictly skin color, but I'm not the head coach and he has a right to pick his team. But it is racist, IMO. They won’t recruit them because they are white.
July 12, 20188 yr But it is racist, IMO. They won’t recruit them because they are white. On appearance I would say yes. But Deuce I can't judge another man's heart and what's in it unless he really shows it or tells me. He may have years of experience that tells him his point of view is overall valid. I do know that that RB can play with anyone but that's my opinion. There are definitely white kids who can compete. I think a coach should look past something as superficial as skin but again that's my opinion. Funny short story I played at a HBCU, I'm White, played RB was a walk on. Kid in the locker room was talking one day after practice and said is anyone in the room going to address that we are a black school with a white running back who may start next year.... We all laughed. That was the late 80's. Guess times have changed.
July 13, 20188 yr On appearance I would say yes. But Deuce I can't judge another man's heart and what's in it unless he really shows it or tells me. Thats just it, you gotta listen when they tell you.
July 13, 20188 yr Man, I'm going to have to go back and watch Friday Night Lights. I really don't remember this. The wife started watching it one day so I started watching probably about midway through season 2, but still loosely. I don't get a lot of time for tv anymore. All that I know is that she is in love with Tim Riggins. I just tell her that I look better than him.........I see myself in the mirror everyday
July 13, 20188 yr It's pretty tough anymore to say much of anything without someone thinking it's racist. Just stay as boring as possible in your comments and you might be ok. 100% or offended.
July 13, 20188 yr 100% or offended. Truth. Whenever you tell someone that something they said could be perceived as racist they get offended.
July 13, 20188 yr Truth. Whenever you tell someone that something they said could be perceived as racist they get offended. Clever spin there.. lol
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.