New Bengal QB Logan Woodside arrested for DUI by the Bellevue Kentucky PD

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize a lot more teams over the last 8 years have had more players arrested or in trouble than the Bengals right.

Do you have any facts or stats to back up this statement?

Only the Bengals drafted Mixon.

Oh wow I guess I learned something new. Because I didn't know it was possible for other teams to draft someone after someone is drafted. Because what I know of the draft is each player gets drafted only once. So it prevents every other team from being able to draft a player. So you are right only the Bengals drafted him but that's because no one else could draft him after the Bengals took him.

Mixon was projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round because of his incident. So he was getting drafted rather or not the Bengals took him or not. The only reason he wasn't a 1st round pick was because of his incident. However he was going to get drafted no matter what by someone in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Edited by futurecoach

Do you have any facts or stats to back up this statement?

I did a quick search. Since 2000 the Bengals have had the 3rd most arrest. Minnesota and Denver have had more. With the majority of the Bengals arrest coming from 2000 to 2008. Over the last 5 years the Bengals have the 6th least amount of arrest in the nfl. The bengals including this one have had 4 in the last 5 years. Teams like Denver, Baltimore, 49ers, Jets, and Colts all have had 10 or more during these last 5 years. So yeah the rap of the Bengals being the team that always has players that get in trouble doesn't necessarily fit anymore imo. That's an old narrative, when compared to the rest of the nfl. These other nfl teams have caught up and passed them in that department.