2018 KHSAA/Owensboro Health State Tournament

It's interesting to me that the winners all have to get up at daylight and play at 9:00 a.m. while the losers from Thursday night play at 11:00 a.m. Seems like it would be opposite but I'm sure there's a good reason why they do it that way?

The 9am loser turns around and plays at 1pm today. With the losers from yesterday playing at 11am, they then have to turn around and play at 1pm. It gives the first round winner a break when they lose in round 2 whereas the loser in round 1 has to play a doubleheader if they win in the first round of the loser's bracket.

Asking a team to potentially play 4 games in 1 day is a lot to ask. And then play again at 9 am on Saturday.

I believe this is the last year for this format, which is a good thing. The girls deserve to be playing on an actual softball field in an actual stadium just like the boys.

Apollo beats Estill County 6-0

Louisville Ballard gets Pikeville 11-0

Louisville Butler is up on Ryle 6-1 in the top of the 6th

Marshall County is leading Bourbon County 8-0 after 6

Did they start late, or have they been sitting in a long heat delay? I know these were the 11:00 games today (or at least the Ryle game is).

Why are there such strict rules on videoing the softball tournament?

It's LIVE video streaming. There is NO rights for it, same thing for baseball. ONLY NFHS partner (PrepSpin) can do live video streaming.

The KHSAA DOES offer a pay stream for all baseball and softball final four.

Audio is fine (radio or webstream) and has been for a while.

I do NOT see a problem drawing the line at live video.

DfNHAPQX4AIruNd.jpg