Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NAIA basketball consolidating to one division in 2020-21 season.

Featured Replies

If it's the same Damontre Harris, he played 2 years at South Carolina, transferred to Florida, got dismissed from the Gators without ever playing and wound up at Campbellsville.

 

Definitely a D1 talent, but best big man in the state? No chance.

 

I’m assuming you watched him play that season?

 

Don't need to.

 

There were at least 2-3 big men playing in Lexington during 2014-2015 that were absolutely better than him. I imagine there were a couple playing in the Yum Center better as well.

 

I watched them all...a lot. From a basketball standpoint, he could have played with anyone else.

 

2014-15 Karl-Anthony Townes played at UK. Just sayin' ...

 

Not to mention Willie Cauley-Stein at UK, Montrezl Harrell at UL.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2014-15 Karl-Anthony Townes played at UK. Just sayin' ...

 

Not to mention Willie Cauley-Stein at UK, Montrezl Harrell at UL.

 

At that particular time I’d have taken him over WCS easily. Third best post player in the state is a good starting point for debate about Harris IMO.

Yes. You take the best players from your 10 best D2 schools, and I’ll take the best players from Georgetown, Campbellsville, Lindsey Wilson, Indiana Southeast, Cumberlands, UPike, Indiana Wesleyan, Union, Indiana East, Asbury. The NAIA schools I’ve listed probably have 15-20 guys that will play pro basketball overseas on them.

 

I would take that game in a heartbeat and go with the D2 schools. Very good basketball played in the NAIA but you are undervaluing the quality of D2. Would not need best players from top D2 schools just give me 10 best players from GLIAC or GLVC

 

I spent 5 years pretty heavily invested in watching D2 basketball and specifically the GLIAC prior to the split with some schools going to GMAC. We had some of the top NAIA programs on our schedule every year as did most of the other schools in the GLIAC and I don't recall too many losses to the NAIA schools from the GLIAC. I don't recall watching any of those games and thinking they were "more athletic" than any team in the GLIAC.

 

Davenport was a 30 win NAIA school and they just went 7-13 in their first year in the GLIAC as a D2 school and this was a weakened GLIAC with the schools leaving for the GMAC.

 

During our time in the GLIAC multiple schools had transfers from Power 5 conferences with some having a huge impact and others just being good players within the conference. GLIAC produced players on a regular basis who would go on to play overseas.

 

When SVSU made their run to the Elite 8 we had 5 players who would go on to play overseas. We had 2 D1 transfers from mid-major schools who played 15-20 minutes per game at the D1 level who did not start for SVSU.

 

Very good basketball played at the NAIA level and the state of Kentucky is fortunate to have so many of these programs. However to state that NAIA is a more athletic version of D2 is just not an accurate statement.

Edited by 4pointplay
spelling

At that particular time I’d have taken him over WCS easily. Third best post player in the state is a good starting point for debate about Harris IMO.

 

Exactly. He's certainly in the conversation.

At that particular time I’d have taken him over WCS easily. Third best post player in the state is a good starting point for debate about Harris IMO.

 

Third best, maybe so. But that's not what was originally said.

 

KAT was on another level than anyone else in the state.

Third best, maybe so. But that's not what was originally said.

 

KAT was on another level than anyone else in the state.

 

Here's exactly what was said:

 

That big guy at Campbellsville a few years back was as good as any big man in the state. I think he was from Florida.

Here's exactly what was said:

 

That big guy at Campbellsville a few years back was as good as any big man in the state. I think he was from Florida.

 

He was not as good as KAT.

 

To say otherwise is ridiculous.

He was not as good as KAT.

 

To say otherwise is ridiculous.

 

Well he did average more points, rebounds, blocks and steals; but I understand that KAT was far superior in every facet of the game.

Well he did average more points, rebounds, blocks and steals; but I understand that KAT was far superior in every facet of the game.

 

Against NAIA teams. :lol2:

 

I can't believe we're having this discussion. Towns was the best amateur basketball player in the world in 2014-2015. He was the #1 overall pick. Harris never sniffed the NBA.

Against NAIA teams. :lol2:

 

I can't believe we're having this discussion. Towns was the best amateur basketball player in the world in 2014-2015. He was the #1 overall pick. Harris never sniffed the NBA.

 

Oh I'm agreeing with you. I have totally been put in place by you and I greatly appreciate it. My head was getting too big and I thought I knew something about basketball, but clearly I was way off base. Thank you so much for straightening me out. You are the man :thumb:

 

I'm going to run a few laps in my subdivision this evening as a self-imposed penalty for giving an opinion. Sorry!

:lol2: :lol2:

 

You gave an opinion. I gave a differing one. Simple as that. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you.

:lol2: :lol2:

 

You gave an opinion. I gave a differing one. Simple as that. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you.

 

It sits great with me. I respect the powers that be :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.