Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NAIA basketball consolidating to one division in 2020-21 season.

Featured Replies

If they could play anywhere, why don’t they?

 

The usual suspect is usually academic...

  • Replies 41
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The usual suspect is usually academic...

 

Than the @Wireman statement that they could play anywhere is incorrect. I hate the label (although true) that the academics of the kids playing NAIA is well below standard as I know several kids playing that are rather smart kids.

Than the @Wireman statement that they could play anywhere is incorrect. I hate the label (although true) that the academics of the kids playing NAIA is well below standard as I know several kids playing that are rather smart kids.

 

My son played NAIA and was a great student. But he wasn’t a mid major kid coming out of high school. He was always going D2 or NAIA. A lot of sure fire D1 kids go the NAIA route when they can’t qualify out of high school.

Than the @Wireman statement that they could play anywhere is incorrect. I hate the label (although true) that the academics of the kids playing NAIA is well below standard as I know several kids playing that are rather smart kids.

 

My statement was in terms of basketball skill, not academics.

If they could play anywhere, why don’t they?

 

Behavioral reasons. Academics. The usual suspects.

My statement was in terms of basketball skill, not academics.

 

I agree with you. More often than not you can go to a local NAIA game and look at the program and see it littered with kids who transferred in from a D-1 school.

That big guy at Campbellsville a few years back was as good as any big man in the state. I think he was from Florida.

That big guy at Campbellsville a few years back was as good as any big man in the state. I think he was from Florida.

 

Correct. He dominated games when he felt like it. He and their PG led Campbellsville to the Final Four if I am not mistaken. The PG was also a transfer from a D-1 school. I’ve forgotten both of their names. Not sure where either of them are right now either.

Correct. He dominated games when he felt like it. He and their PG led Campbellsville to the Final Four if I am not mistaken. The PG was also a transfer from a D-1 school. I’ve forgotten both of their names. Not sure where either of them are right now either.

 

Harris currently plays for the Windsor Express in Canada.

The other guy was D'Von Campbell. He plays pro basketball in Finland.

That big guy at Campbellsville a few years back was as good as any big man in the state. I think he was from Florida.

 

If it's the same Damontre Harris, he played 2 years at South Carolina, transferred to Florida, got dismissed from the Gators without ever playing and wound up at Campbellsville.

 

Definitely a D1 talent, but best big man in the state? No chance.

If it's the same Damontre Harris, he played 2 years at South Carolina, transferred to Florida, got dismissed from the Gators without ever playing and wound up at Campbellsville.

 

Definitely a D1 talent, but best big man in the state? No chance.

 

I’m assuming you watched him play that season?

I’m assuming you watched him play that season?

 

Don't need to.

 

There were at least 2-3 big men playing in Lexington during 2014-2015 that were absolutely better than him. I imagine there were a couple playing in the Yum Center better as well.

I watched them all...a lot. From a basketball standpoint, he could have played with anyone else.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.