Impact of NKU's 2017 NCAA Tournament Apperance

MJAlltheWay24

Coach Brannen posted a thanks to fans for attending the games and a chart on Twitter last night.

year

14-15 300 students 2,016 average attendance

15-16 324--2,296

16-17 423--2,824

17-18 621--4,135

the growth in 17-18 was 12th best on the country by numbers, not %

How is student enrollment doing at NKU? I know Murray State's continues to decrease, but I thought with NKU being nearby a metro area, where populations continue to rise, their numbers were doing ok?

In 2012 Murray State basketball had about 500 times the amount of coverage as NKU did with their NCAA appearance. There was an immediate bump, but that was it.

How is student enrollment doing at NKU? I know Murray State's continues to decrease, but I thought with NKU being nearby a metro area, where populations continue to rise, their numbers were doing ok?

In 2012 Murray State basketball had about 500 times the amount of coverage as NKU did with their NCAA appearance. There was an immediate bump, but that was it.

NKU not sure of the date

Students 14,566

Undergraduates 12,643

Postgraduates 1,923

Murray State as of 2016

Students 10,495

Undergraduates 8,886

Postgraduates 1,609

NKU not sure of the date

Students 14,566

Undergraduates 12,643

Postgraduates 1,923

Murray State as of 2016

Students 10,495

Undergraduates 8,886

Postgraduates 1,609

More so looking for a trend. Universities always find ways to make numbers look better than they are, but MSU has been losing money, enrollment, and slashing programs.

More so looking for a trend. Universities always find ways to make numbers look better than they are, but MSU has been losing money, enrollment, and slashing programs.

I believe NKU enrollment has been level over the last 10 years or so. They have focused over the past 10-15 years on tightening enrollment standards and that has kept enrollment on an even keel.