March 27, 20188 yr This makes me wonder if K is planning on sticking around for a little longer or if Capel knows he would have no shot of taking over the reigns when K steps down. Or maybe it is another attempt to show he has what it takes before that time comes. Either way I think this could turn out as a win win for Capel. Pitt has nowhere to go but up and if it doesn't work out he has proven that he is a strong recruiter and would most likely land back on his feet somewhere.
March 27, 20188 yr Where can I get a Pitt duffle bag? Great hire. He did a good job at VCU and Oklahoma, but didn't Oklahoma get in trouble which forced him to leave? The Duke coaching tree has been something of a mixed bag but Capel seems to be pretty good. Pittsburgh is way down but has a good history. If he can get back to recruiting the type of New York City kids Jamie Dixon brought in (or just better players in general) there's no reason to think he can't be successful.
March 27, 20188 yr I honestly thought Pitt was in Durham to interview Scheyer. I wonder if he turned them down, and they had one of those "Well, why we're here..." moments.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.