Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thad Matta declines Georgia HC

Featured Replies

According to reports Thad Matta turns down 5 year 16 million (3.2 a year) dollar contract to become next HC

According to reports Thad Matta turns down 5 year 16 million (3.2 a year) dollar contract to become next HC

I don't buy he was offered the job, for what it's worth (not saying you made it up, just saying I think the reports are over-stated).

 

I also think he'd be an unmitigated disaster there. Terrible fit.

  • Author
I don't buy he was offered the job, for what it's worth (not saying you made it up, just saying I think the reports are over-stated).

 

I also think he'd be an unmitigated disaster there. Terrible fit.

 

Twitter

 

According to dawgnation.com he was. Agreed would have been a disaster.

I also think he'd be an unmitigated disaster there. Terrible fit.

 

How come? He's a solid coach and a good recruiter.

Twitter

 

According to dawgnation.com he was. Agreed would have been a disaster.

 

Yeah, not buying it. I know he interviewed for it, just doubt that he was actually offered the job.

How come? He's a solid coach and a good recruiter.

 

He hasn't even attempted to recruit in 5 years. He caught dudes who were interested, but he wasn't beating the bushes.

 

His health stinks.

 

Georgia needs a young and energetic dude, maybe an up-and-coming black coach. They don't need Thad Matta.

  • Author
Yeah, not buying it. I know he interviewed for it, just doubt that he was actually offered the job.

 

Whatever it’s running across the ESPN ticker that he was offered and withdrew his name after meeting with them twice last week, guess all outlets are incorrect on their information.

Whatever it’s running across the ESPN ticker that he was offered and withdrew his name after meeting with them twice last week, guess all outlets are incorrect on their information.

 

You think the AD at Georgia offered a job to a coach before he knew the coach, not working, would accept it and wanted it? I don't. Highly unlikely. If he did, sloppy job by the AD vetting and interviewing.

 

Either way, not worth debating, not a big deal. We agree that he would be awful there.

If an offer was truly extended as was reported UGA fans should be happy it was declined. It would have been a short-term solution that probably would have failed. 10 years ago? Great hire. Today? Better options out there even if they do not have name recognition.

@MentschTrachtGottLacht

 

So is Matta a viable option for anyone? If so, who? Where do you think he would be a fit?

Pretty good coach in Atlanta that's preparing to face UC on Friday.

He hasn't even attempted to recruit in 5 years. He caught dudes who were interested, but he wasn't beating the bushes.

 

His health stinks.

 

Georgia needs a young and energetic dude, maybe an up-and-coming black coach. They don't need Thad Matta.

 

Tom Crean would fit the energetic part.

Tom Crean would fit the energetic part.

 

I think he gets a job this spring, but I don't think he is a fit at UGA.

 

I think he will wedge himself into UL conversation, and if he loses out on that to Chris he will swing the bat hard at Xavier if given a helmet and an AB

You think the AD at Georgia offered a job to a coach before he knew the coach, not working, would accept it and wanted it? I don't. Highly unlikely. If he did, sloppy job by the AD vetting and interviewing.

 

Either way, not worth debating, not a big deal. We agree that he would be awful there.

 

Maybe Georgia can pull a Tennessee and really screw up the hiring process.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.