Covington Catholic 84 Simon Kenton 59

I thought it was interesting something I’ve never seen before. Right before the 6:00 mark before the game, all 3 refs left the gym to the lobby, Cov Cath came out and rattled the rims for almost exactly 1 minute. At 5:00 they stopped and the refs came back in.

The refs come onto the floor at the 15 minute mark. Typically, they do their pre-game routine with coaches and captains around 12 minutes. After that, if both teams go back to their locker and neither are on the court the refs will go back to their locker room for a few minutes. I assume that's what happened.

Game got close and it looked like to me the Colonels saw that Kitchens really has a hard time going to his left. They were literally guarding him two feet to his right. They forced him to go to his left and he struggled from then on. Missed shots and turnovers and next thing you know 20 point lead.

While it was a decent game and the SK frosh is the real deal, I find it ironic that everyone states it was "closer than final score". It was never closer than 12 points since a few minutes left in the 3rd and was never less than 15 in the 4th Q.

A good game and somewhat close (under 10 points) early in the 3rd, but the outcome was never close to being in doubt.

Look forward to seeing SK advance thru regionals.

I kinda feel the same about the "closer than the score" comments.

CCH pulled away about 3 minutes into Q1. SK made a decent run in Q2 with Kelch on the bench but CCH never looked back.

SK played Zone the entire first 3 qtrs but CCH forced them out of it early in Q4. The margin wouldve been larger if SK manned up earlier.

Jake Walter (24 points) dominated the Big Man Competition over Kelch (4 points). His game has improved exponentially in the last month.

Typical SK folks.....

The score is closer than is seems...

We didn’t get out coached.....they always do!

They won’t make a run in regional because they will be out coached!

Big surprise a WV fan wants to jump in and give his useless opinion as somebody not there directed at SK fans.

It doesn’t even seem that it’s the “SK folks” making the comments of it being closer than it seemed.

Cov Cath took control early as the better team, SK kept fighting and got it to 7 in the 3rd then Cov Cath ran away with it.

Typical SK folks.....

The score is closer than is seems...

We didn’t get out coached.....they always do!

They won’t make a run in regional because they will be out coached!

SK folks didn’t say it was closer than the score showed. The first to say it is a CovCath fan.