9th Region Rankings (2018)

Beechwood had D1 talent but they didn't have D1 pitching. Big difference.

True, but still you can't assume they beat everyone just based on D1 vs D2 or NAIA level talent...that's why baseball is the best game...on any given day as they say. Beechwood should have outscored their opponents by a wide margin a few years back with all the hitters they had just like the BRM did back in the 70's. They had marginal pitching (better than given credit for) but just out hit everyone...Everyone wanted to crown them champs but they couldn't get out of the region...let alone state.

From a 8 th region viewpoint, Dixie had a good run in the 9th region tournament they were taken lightly and took out a good team . The region is just start of the journey ,state is only thing that matters .

By the way, I forgot to mention Ethan Kavanagh, who just committed to UK as a sophomore and will be a top 5 player in the state in 2020.

I’d be willing to bet my next paycheck that Hergott doesn’t play/pitch another inning of baseball... the gambler in me wouldn’t mind parlaying that and saying Noe won’t either.

If Cov Cath can hold good teams to under 4 runs, they have a chance to be really good this year. Talent all around the diamond.

Highlands pitching staff is a rare thing. Barring injury, they are the clear favorite.

Beechwood has excellent returning talent. I have no idea what their pitching staff looks like, but they will be a challenge come tournament time.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some really good teams this year in the 9th Region. The top of the list is Highlands until someone knocks them off. Cooper, Covcath, St. Henry, Beechwood, Ryle and Dixie will all be contenders. Obviously, no one has the staff that Highlands has but baseball is a long season and crazy things can happen.