BluegrassPrep's 9th Region Rankings (2-5-18)

BBFan - Your assessment is pretty accurate however keep in mind Holy Cross has been without their starting point guard and floor leader in Jordan Niehaus for over a month. When HC beat Dixie over the holidays by 3 in Ashland, Niehaus had 19 in that game. He did not play last night. Add in the return of Cody for Dixie and you could see the 16 pt turnaround from that prior meeting. I do think Dixie is playing much better of late. The Indians hope to get Niehaus back in the next few days.

Speaking of tough schedules Holy Cross has to be near the top. Teams they have played outside the 9th region include, Scott, Campbell Co, S. Oldham, Ashland, Lex Christian and will still host #1 Scott Co next week. None of this means Holy Cross is a top 5 team in the 9th, just explaining reason for their recent struggles and mentioning their tough schedule.

BBFan - Your assessment is pretty accurate however keep in mind Holy Cross has been without their starting point guard and floor leader in Jordan Niehaus for over a month. When HC beat Dixie over the holidays by 3 in Ashland, Niehaus had 19 in that game. He did not play last night. Add in the return of Cody for Dixie and you could see the 16 pt turnaround from that prior meeting. I do think Dixie is playing much better of late. The Indians hope to get Niehaus back in the next few days.

Speaking of tough schedules Holy Cross has to be near the top. Teams they have played outside the 9th region include, Scott, Campbell Co, S. Oldham, Ashland, Lex Christian and will still host #1 Scott Co next week. None of this means Holy Cross is a top 5 team in the 9th, just explaining reason for their recent struggles and mentioning their tough schedule.

All of this is fair and relevant. This season has been nuts with ranking teams due to injury with so many teams not being at full strength at different points of the season. CovCath, Cooper, Newport, and Boone are worthy of their ranking, and with some head scratcher losses here and there, still Newport and Boone had made their case. The rest of the top 10 is hard to completely pin down as they're really not terribly that far apart from each other and anything can happen on any given night. Even Holmes who most generally feel are having another inadequate season are not a team than anyone should sleep on, but still outside of CovCath the 35th is so close that it bites to see any team have to suffer that dreaded No. 4 position. If it plays out like it probably should then we'll ultimately see a CovCath, Cooper, Newport, Boone semi's in the regional, but with a little bit of luck of the draw, and probably winning the 34th, Dixie in my estimation might very well punch their ticket to the semi's, and for me it won't be that much of a surprise.

• 4 weeks later...

@MidwestUnited

Who said that I ever said that Dixie would win the region?

Nobody.

I just find it ironic that they're still alive after consistently receiving zip-a-dee-doo-da attention from you all season.

Yes we all know that the draw was a big help to them, but they did have to get by two teams that got praise from you at various points this season to get there.

No team rated 3rd and beyond really would have a hope in hell against CovCath, but I only see one of those teams still here to give it a try.

If it had been a team that you had previously praised that would be just about ready to get their butts handed to them by 40 or 50 I'm sure that you'd still be beating your chest about it and praising them still, but with Dixie still it's just... hear that???... crickets.

I'm sure that they haven't minded at tall being ignored while they snuck right on in there, and are probably just thrilled as can be to have this chance to sleigh the dragon right in the prime time spot lights. Even if they lose the worst that they can be remembered as is the "2018 9th Region Runner-ups".

Not too shabby wouldn't you say?

And if a miracle happens and they happen to pull it off... then HOLY COW!!!

@MidwestUnited

Who said that I ever said that Dixie would win the region?

Nobody.

I just find it ironic that they're still alive after consistently receiving zip-a-dee-doo-da attention from you all season.

Yes we all know that the draw was a big help to them, but they did have to get by two teams that got praise from you at various points this season to get there.

No team rated 3rd and beyond really would have a hope in hell against CovCath, but I only see one of those teams still here to give it a try.

If it had been a team that you had previously praised that would be just about ready to get their butts handed to them by 40 or 50 I'm sure that you'd still be beating your chest about it and praising them still, but with Dixie still it's just... hear that???... crickets.

I'm sure that they haven't minded at tall being ignored while they snuck right on in there, and are probably just thrilled as can be to have this chance to sleigh the dragon right in the prime time spot lights. Even if they lose the worst that they can be remembered as is the "2018 9th Region Runner-ups".

Not too shabby wouldn't you say?

And if a miracle happens and they happen to pull it off... then HOLY COW!!!

Dixie beat two teams with losing records to get to the finals! You actually consider that a great run? If so congratulations on such a fine season! Because tonight the season is over for Dixie! The rankings all season as I have tried to say were fluid week to week because CovCath and Cooper were the only two teams with a chance to win the region! You could put teams 3 though 12 in a hat and pick them for the rest of the rankings because every team in that field had obvious problems! So congratulations for the 40 point beating tonight at the hands of CovCath!

@MidwestUnited

Who said it was a great run?

Peculiar that now you would conveniently spin it to be "beating two teams with losing records" when those two teams with losing records were the same two teams that made it into your 4th position at various points of the season while you considered Dixie as low as 13, and sat no higher than 8th until you finally got them to 6th after I pointed out to you that they were on a 9-2 run since the beginning of the year.

Even recently you thought that Ryle could get past Dixie in the regional, when Dixie turned around and destroyed them.

We agree that no one had any expectations beyond either CovCath and Cooper, and IF Dixie is no better than the rest of the pack, how is it that we heard absolutely no confidence from you in them like the handful of other teams that consistently got recognized by you?

They apparently are at least as good as them, but judging by the position they're in right now I'd say perhaps a little bit better.

Outside of the regional tournament did you even bother once to go see them play to see what they were made of? My guess would "No". You spin things certain ways when they seem to fit your narrative, but all I know is that win or even lose by 100, I'm attending the 9th Region Championship game this evening featuring the Covington Catholic Colonels and The Dixie Heights Colonels.

Not Beechwood, Not Ryle, Not Holy Cross, Not NewCath... Not even Newport or Boone County, but The Dixie Heights Red Hot Colonels!!!

@MidwestUnited

Who said it was a great run?

Peculiar that now you would conveniently spin it to be "beating two teams with losing records" when those two teams with losing records were the same two teams that made it into your 4th position at various points of the season while you considered Dixie as low as 13, and sat no higher than 8th until you finally got them to 6th after I pointed out to you that they were on a 9-2 run since the beginning of the year.

Even recently you thought that Ryle could get past Dixie in the regional, when Dixie turned around and destroyed them.

We agree that no one had any expectations beyond either CovCath and Cooper, and IF Dixie is no better than the rest of the pack, how is it that we heard absolutely no confidence from you in them like the handful of other teams that consistently got recognized by you?

They apparently are at least as good as them, but judging by the position they're in right now I'd say perhaps a little bit better.

Outside of the regional tournament did you even bother once to go see them play to see what they were made of? My guess would "No". You spin things certain ways when they seem to fit your narrative, but all I know is that win or even lose by 100, I'm attending the 9th Region Championship game this evening featuring the Covington Catholic Colonels and The Dixie Heights Colonels.

Not Beechwood, Not Ryle, Not Holy Cross, Not NewCath... Not even Newport or Boone County, but The Dixie Heights Red Hot Colonels!!!

Congrats, and grab your participation trophy on the way outside BB and T Arena tonight after the beating you get from CovCath! You are the one who always spins things your way! I just did rankings by consulting 3 other people who know a lot more than you or me!

Congrats, and grab your participation trophy on the way outside BB and T Arena tonight after the beating you get from CovCath! You are the one who always spins things your way! I just did rankings by consulting 3 other people who know a lot more than you or me!

So now you're going to blame the ranking on other parties, wow.

My way?

What's this got to do with me?

What I'm drawing attention to is that Dixie is in the championship game, and you painfully ignored them all season. If not for being boastfully contentious I probably wouldn't have even noticed, or felt the urge to mention it. :wave:

My way?

What's this got to do with me?

What I'm drawing attention to is that Dixie is in the championship game, and you painfully ignored them all season. If not for being boastfully contentious I probably wouldn't have even noticed, or felt the urge to mention it. :wave:

Yep started the season off 2-7! Had a lot of bad losses! Lost to Cov Cath by 44 and Cooper by 51.

Dixie being in the championship isn’t because they are a good team, means they got a lucky draw.