Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I think the ref was wrong

Featured Replies

Herein lies the problem, not saying Rez is, people don’t know what the rules are. They think what they watch on TV is the same across the board. It is not and applies to all sports, not just basketball.

 

True. Like I said, I have no idea if middle schools have their own set of rules, or if they use those of another organization.

It’s NFHS school rules except maybe running clock or time out situations.

Was just about to say the same. Ref wanted to get the $$ as quickly as he/she could and get out of there or on to the next game and that $$.

 

Meanwhile, what is up with the middle school leagues and the referees always having some attachment to either the school that is hosting the games and/or one of the teams playing? Please don't say it's my imagination when I see the team with the connection getting most of the calls. Have been watching it for years now.

 

True that...I don't get how the same Refs are at the same schools over and over for games. I know they are assigned but come on they get to pick the games from what I heard. I can tell you right now there are a few teams that win at home more often and then lose on the road by 30. Come on man...

No offense, but where are you watching games? That doesn't happen in the 10th/11th Region even in the Middle Schools. Middle Schools go through the same process as the high schools of the 10th/11th to get officials for games & they are assigned, they don't just get to call their buddy who has a referee shirt from last halloween to call their games for them. :no:

 

 

Was just about to say the same. Ref wanted to get the $$ as quickly as he/she could and get out of there or on to the next game and that $$.

 

Meanwhile, what is up with the middle school leagues and the referees always having some attachment to either the school that is hosting the games and/or one of the teams playing? Please don't say it's my imagination when I see the team with the connection getting most of the calls. Have been watching it for years now.

  • Author
they don't just get to call their buddy who has a referee shirt from last halloween to call their games for them. :no:

 

I think though that a couple of years ago, Middle Schools were supposed to just find their own refs. Recently KHSAA took more control over Middle School Atheltics and this situation had changed. I know that at least back around 2009, Middle Schools could just find someone that was deemed "qualified" to officiate.

 

I reffed 6, 7, and 8th grade for Grant County from 08-10 and I never took a test or class. I just coached, played, and knew the rules (well most of them).

I think though that a couple of years ago, Middle Schools were supposed to just find their own refs. Recently KHSAA took more control over Middle School Atheltics and this situation had changed. I know that at least back around 2009, Middle Schools could just find someone that was deemed "qualified" to officiate.

 

I reffed 6, 7, and 8th grade for Grant County from 08-10 and I never took a test or class. I just coached, played, and knew the rules (well most of them).

 

So almost a decade ago this may have been true??

I was at a game earlier this year and the refs gave a delay warning for the 5 players on the floor coming together after a foul, and before the FT's, to set up there next play.

A lot of teams huddle up between a foul and are throws. we thought the Refs must have been in a real hurry, then they call 60+ fouls in the game over 70 FT were shot.

  • Author
So almost a decade ago this may have been true??

 

Whoa..... kind of strange when you say it like that. 2009 was almost a decade ago. Where does time go?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.