MLS Expansion

DukeDog

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw last night on Twitter, it sounds like FCC is the #2 choice, and they're simply trying to work out and finalize the agreement between the team and the MLS. MLS doesn't want to announce anything until an agreement is signed and finalized.

You're correct, but the other side is that MLS is also waiting to see if Sacramento can get some financial backing after 2 big owners dropped.

You're correct, but the other side is that MLS is also waiting to see if Sacramento can get some financial backing after 2 big owners dropped.

So wouldn't that indicate Sacramento was going to get the 2nd bid all along? I'm just guessing.

So wouldn't that indicate Sacramento was going to get the 2nd bid all along? I'm just guessing.

Yes. They’ve been here and in position longer than Cincy (and Nashville, too) and have done everything MLS has asked them besides having a ton of money. I wouldn’t be that upset if Sacramento got the bid because they deserve it. Nashville is a different story.

Yes. They’ve been here and in position longer than Cincy (and Nashville, too) and have done everything MLS has asked them besides having a ton of money. I wouldn’t be that upset if Sacramento got the bid because they deserve it. Nashville is a different story.

“Deserve”?

:lol2:

This ain’t about “deserve”. It’s never been about “deserve”.

Oh I agree. If it was about "deserve" it'd be Cincy and Sacramento without question.

If it was about “deserve” it would be Louisville because they had a payroll about half of both those teams and STILL rolled the entire league this year.

Until there’s Promotion and Relegation, I’ll never watch MLS.

If it was about “deserve” it would be Louisville because they had a payroll about half of both those teams and STILL rolled the entire league this year.

Until there’s Promotion and Relegation, I’ll never watch MLS.

I hate to break it to you, but promotion and relegation isn't happening for a looooong time.

I hate to break it to you, but promotion and relegation isn't happening for a looooong time.

Like Adlai Stevenson, I’m prepared to wait until hell freezes over. I’ve been a soccer fan for more than 20 years without watching MLS so I don’t feel any need to worry about watching it now.

• 3 months later...

Per Jeremy Lance on 700 WLW, MLS Board of Governors will be voting on FCC's bid at today's meeting. This is it, folks.

My head says no reason they don't get it. My heart reminds me this is a Cincinnati team we're talking about. It's going to be a long day.

Per Jeremy Lance on 700 WLW, MLS Board of Governors will be voting on FCC's bid at today's meeting. This is it, folks.

My head says no reason they don't get it. My heart reminds me this is a Cincinnati team we're talking about. It's going to be a long day.

Yep....Today should be the day.

Kevin Martin

@kmartWLWT

6m6 minutes ago

.@fccincinnati gm @jeffBerding should know by this evening if team is awarded an @MLS franchise, according to source close to team. @JohnLondonWLWT with reports at 5&6. @WLWT