Elder (OH) Teacher hit by car

NamecipS

State: Motorist accused of hitting Elder teacher never had licen - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

The woman accused of causing a crash that left a beloved West Side teacher fighting for his life, has never held a license to legally drive a vehicle in Ohio, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Public Safety said Wednesday.

Kayla Wilson, 23, has now been caught operating a vehicle without a license or driving despite a suspension four times since she was 14, said Lindsey Bohrer, an agency spokeswoman: in 2009, 2015 and twice in the last week - the day of the crash and two days prior.

Wilson has been under two driving suspensions since 2015, state record show. She was convicted Dec. 7 of driving under those suspensions anyway the same day Cincinnati police ticketed her for the offense on Clinton Spring Avenue in North Avondale, Hamilton County court records show.

Two days later, Cincinnati police say, she smoked marijuana and got behind the wheel of a car illegally once again and caused a crash that critically hurt longtime Elder High School teacher Mark Klusman.

This is horrible. People I've talked to from Elder say this teacher is very special to the community.

She obviously doesn't care about any punishments. Will this judge finally send the message she needs?

If they made cars, to where you had to swipe your license before it would start, you could stop a large amount a vehicle criminal activities.

Driving without a license, DUI, OVI, stolen cars.

Invasion of privacy God forbid.

We use it on our iPhone. You turn it on and when you're driving it doesn't allow text messages to come through and auto replies to anyone who sends you a message. You can disable it by simply clicking on a "I'm not Driving" button however.

Oh, I was thinking make it part of the car. When car goes into gear, bye bye texting. Would suck for passengers though.

This lady needs to go to jail for a LONG time. She really is a threat to society as she has no intention of not driving and clearly should never be allowed to. e..... If you are caught driving illegally 4 times, that means you have probably done it 400 times of more. I hope the judge gives her at least 10 years.