Open Job: Tates Creek

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think he will stay there for the long haul? He has skipped around from Bryan Station to Manual & now to GRC and from what I hear is always looking. For your sake, if you are a GRC fan, I hope he stays & gives that program many years of stability.

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard that neither LCA's Ethan Atchley nor Estill County's Mike Jones were interviewed....

This is accurate for Atchley, not sure about Estill coach. FCPS at its finest....unless it's Frederick Douglas University and you have a win at all cost football man as an AD then you will get whoever is the easiest transition and fits the administrations agenda. I expect an announcement very soon but seriously doubt if there will be any surprises, i.e someone that's not from the previous staff.

This is accurate for Atchley, not sure about Estill coach. FCPS at its finest....unless it's Frederick Douglas University and you have a win at all cost football man as an AD then you will get whoever is the easiest transition and fits the administrations agenda. I expect an announcement very soon but seriously doubt if there will be any surprises, i.e someone that's not from the previous staff.

I have a hard time believing that if Atchley was in fact interested that they wouldn’t have interviewed him? I could be wrong, though.

I have a hard time believing that if Atchley was in fact interested that they wouldn’t have interviewed him? I could be wrong, though.

I know for a fact he was not interviewed but I have only "heard" he was very interested and applied. If they didn't interview him they didn't do their job IMO.

I can confirm Ethan Atchley has not talked to them or is interested in the position. It's great to see everyone interested in a very successful coach who has turned the LCA program around.

I can confirm Ethan Atchley has not talked to them or is interested in the position. It's great to see everyone interested in a very successful coach who has turned the LCA program around.

That’s what I thought. Had he been interested then he’s a no brainer to interview. These jobs just aren’t as appealing as they once were. It takes something(s) kind of special for guys to change jobs, and if that means they have to uproot their families then it better be an even more kind of special.