Dixie Heights @ Walton-Verona Predictions

First game for each team tonight. Heard that WV is still without Stanley from an ankle injury, not sure of his return date. This should be a solid first game match up as Dixie lost a lot but has plenty of talent filling in lead by senior Tyler Schreck. This will be Roddy Stainforth's first game at the helm for Dixie and I could see the outcome going either way.

I think people are thinking that WV is in mid season form. They have had their entire team together for 2 weeks and Brennan Stanley has never stepped on the floor in a game/scrimmage with team. It will be weeks before we see the real WV, this game will be much closer than expected.

Dixie kids have been training at ASAP during the offseason they have a good group of athletic kids.

Every decent hoops program has some form of ASAP.

Personally, I think Walton has a better team but think this will be a close one.

Miles' offense is getting better but his defense and shot blocking is what changes games.

I'm going with the Bearcats at home!

What everyone seems to forget: WV is not known for lighting up the scoreboard, which they might do when Stanley gets healthy, if Coach Brannen lets his athletes be athletes. WV’s calling card is defense. Their perimeter players can pressure shooters, without fear of getting beat off the dribble, due to having Clinkenbeard and Miles length to alter and block shots. Kids in today’s game either look to shoot the three, or get all the way to the rim......Bad recipe against a team built like WV. Unless you can get WV in foul trouble, and/or learn to hit mid range jumpers, WV will be extremely tough to beat.