Franklin-Simpson 35 Hopkinsville 20

FSfan

I don't know what the official record is, but I can't remember FS coming back from a larger deficit than they did tonight.

Hopkinsville's first TD pass was a beautiful play action fake and great deep pass for 45 yards. Their passing game was clicking early, but FS made adjustments and shut them out over the last 33 minutes.

James Baker was all over the place tonight for FS. Ran for 2 long TDs, caught a TD pass, made an interception and several great plays on defense. Dion Pearson mauled Hopkinsville's center and guards. Rylan Thomas made some great passes tonight. Tre Bass, Saul Brady and Carlos McKinney continued to be the three headed monster on offense.

This team shows a lot of poise when they get in a jam. Last year's team did too.

At the 9:25 mark of the 2nd Quarter Hopkinsville had built a 20-0 lead on Franklin-Simpson.

The Tigers had rushed 8 times for 23 yards, completed 5 of 12 passes for 127 yards and 2 TDs. Another TD came via an interception return of 11 yards.

Total offense of 150 yards.

From that point forward Hoptown gained 0 yards rushing and completed 7 of 16 passes for 88 yards.

At the 9:25 mark of the 2nd Quarter FS had 47 yds rushing on 11 carries, had attempted 5 passes with one interception.

From that point forward FS ran for 314 yards and three TD. Completed two of two attempted passes for 37 yards and two TDs.

Total offense during the last 2 3/4 quarter of 351, for the game 398.

I wanna give some love to the FS OLine. With so many different backs running for 100+ per game there must be some running lanes somewhere. I thought the FS OL took over in the second half. The 4th quarter drive to go up 2 scores was a thing of beauty! Congrats to Hoptown on a great game and a classy game on the field. They really came together the second half of their season and finished very strong

Hopkinsville is a program that respects the game, their opponent, the competition, and the facilities. They overcame adversity and true tragedy to make this a successful season and lay the groundwork for the future.

Winners.