November 1, 20178 yr In a Gallup poll that I saw last year , about 6 in 10 Americans stated that they believe in the Devil. About 4 in 10 either weren't sure or stated they did not believe in the Devil. If there is a God or a Universal Spirit, does there necessarily have to be Universal Evil? As hard as it is sometimes to wrap one's mind around the idea of God, it may be even harder to understand the Devil. I am more inclined to believe that God, or Universal Spirit, is the essence of all that is good. There is good and absence of good. You are either in alignment with Source Energy(God) or you're not. You are manifesting good in your life or your not. All of us can deliberately intend to focus our thoughts on things that are positive. Some of us choose to do just the opposite.(ISIS, for example). I don't think ISIS is being driven by a Devil, just their own hate and madness. Anyone can choose to connect to God or Universal Spirit or remain disconnected. I'm not convinced that there is a Universal Bad Guy. I think that in our magnificent universe, Love and Goodness is what is natural. Absence of Love & Goodness means that you are not connected to God ; however, I don't think it necessarily means you are under the control of the Devil. If you do believe in the Devil, what is the Devil? What is the Devil's goals? Why is there a Devil at all? Is the Devil really that powerful? Why doesn't God just stomp a mudhole in the Devil's behind and do away with him? What reason would there be for a Devil in such a magnificent universe ? The Devil just doesn't seem likely. How would you try to convince those who are skeptical about the Devil's existence?
November 2, 20178 yr The Bible teaches that the Devil is a fallen angel, the most beautiful angel ever created. He now exists as our adversary and is present on Earth. Eventually he will be the lowest being in Hell. When movies or cartoons depict him as being the King of Hell or the Lord of Hell, sitting on a fiery throne, it really is inconsistent with the Bible. The Bible teaches that he is the lowest in hell and will experience torment.
November 2, 20178 yr "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
November 2, 20178 yr "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
November 2, 20178 yr Yes. I've been married twice. After a certain # you have to believe it might be you! :banana:
November 2, 20178 yr After a certain # you have to believe it might be you! :banana: I think everyone gets one mulligan...usually because we didn't take enough time to find the RIGHT one.
November 2, 20178 yr I think everyone gets one mulligan...usually because we didn't take enough time to find the RIGHT one. Amen brother.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.