Boone County vs. Highlands predictions

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boone County Rebels
    • Highlands Bluebirds

Highlands can even their record with a win over the Rebels Friday night. Bluebirds are big favorites over the Rebels. A chance for HHS to get the W and get a few more guys healthy heading into the playoffs.

Hoping Senior running back Larry Wilson can get a TD this week. Larry is part of the starting platoon at RB but has yet to score this year. He has gained a lot of yards without denting the endzone. This week that drought ends.

I wondered if Highlands had a game this week :eek:

I have a modest expectation for Boone this week. I'd like to see them be able to run a consistent offense. I'd like to see them execute the game plan and put together several successful offensive series and move the ball down the field and put it in the end zone. It has been a while since the offense has scored. They did last week but it was in the second half after CC had massive substitutions on the defensive side of the ball.

I thought this would be a power run offense this year but they were unable to develop an identity as an offense, for whatever reason(s). I think it would have been better to do this and then add layers as the season went. I think this would have helped the execution.

I would like to see Highlands run the ball. That way Boone could try to slow down the ground game. I think they have a better chance of doing that than slowing down the passing game.

On special teams, we need to have a goal to give the Rebels an advantage with field position. Providing your opponent with a short field and your own offense with a loooong field has been a recipe for losing this season. So we need to field some punts instead of letting them hit the ground and roll. Fair catch it if we have to but don't let it roll so the opponent can down it inside the 10 yard line.